iPod-iPad Syncing in iTunes 10.4 for Lion

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by Graig, Jul 21, 2011.

1. Graig macrumors 6502

Graig

I found that when I connected my iPad to my iMac for syncing after installing Lion and the new iTunes 10.4 64-bit that iTunes no longer opened automatically to begin the sync. It always had in Snow Leopard. When I checked in System Preference, Users & Groups, Login Items, the iTuneHelper.app had a yellow triangle on the right indicating that the program was not being. There were a couple of others listed from previously uninstalled applications. In checking around I found that iTunesHelper.app could be found by right clicking on iTunes in Applications and clicking on Show Contents. The information stated that iTunesHelper would be found in iTunesHelper would be found in ShowContents Applications/iTunes/Contents/Resources and could be dragged into the Login Window to create the start at login. I however located it Lion in Show Contents Applications/iTunes/Contents/MacOS instead. it was not in the other folder. I dragged it from there to the Login Window and now iTunes starts as in should when connecting a device.

2. Graig thread starter macrumors 6502

Graig

Has anyone else seen a problem with the new 64-bit iTunes or with iTunesHelper?

3. orizzle Guest

I just realized I was having the same problem you were, and it's now resolved thanks to your post.

iPhoto was opening (and stalling), PhoneView was opening, and iTunes was unresponsive. Manually opening iTunes would get things going.

Problem was resolved by finding the iTunesHelper within the Package Contents and dragging it to the Login Items window, and removing the already-existing listing with a yellow triangle.

Thanks!

4. Crosbie macrumors 6502a

Crosbie

5. Graig thread starter macrumors 6502

Graig

Thanks guys, I was beginning to think I was the only one this had happened to.... LOL