Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ycarlink

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 10, 2010
I been looking for real iPhone car kit that will allow me to use the full functionality of the iPhone. Below is a list of things I would like to see in a car kit. Does anybody know if something like this exist or even close?
    • Charges iPod/iPhone
    • Works with iPhone/ipod
    • Last position memory
  1. Support Apple multi-playlist Virtual cd
  2. Incoming call ring from the radio speaker
  3. Line Level Audio
  4. Integrated Controls
  5. Allows you to control music from your iPod/iphone, or radio and steering wheel controls.
  6. iPod-like Browsing
  7. Browse through all the available content as you would on your iPod.
  8. Text Display (require your stereo supports text)
  9. Displays the song title, album and artist name right on the screen of your radio

I found an IPhone 4G car kit adapter on this Link:http://www.ycarlink.com/pd_10555_iPhone-car-integration-for-BMW-17-Pin-Round-CD-Changer-Adapter-.htm

Can anybody tell me if this item really has the above functions?

Thanks,
Frank.CH

Last edited:

ItsJustafnPhone

macrumors 6502a
Jul 26, 2010
everything but calls with work with any ipod kit

Apple is a bit of a jerk in this regard, they don't allow any voice data to go through the 30 pin dock connector :mad:

they allow voice over the 3.5mm connector, but this means you now have two cables coming out of your phone, and you would still have to switch audio sources to take the call ( the 3.5mm does not support outside music control/data output like the 30pin connector)

the best option is to find a headunit that has bluetooth built in, and also supports ipod control

this will give you all the features you want, and then bluetooth will take care of calls

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.