iPod/iPhone lock? Need to prevent theft.

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by adamvk, Feb 10, 2014.

1. adamvk macrumors 65816

adamvk

Hello all,

So I'm graduating in a few months with a degree in design. Anyways, I have my senior show coming up. I'm designing a website/app. I already have an iMac for presenting the site and that will be secure, but I still need to buy an iPod Touch or two to show the app. However it's going to be on display for a week or two, and not always supervised, meaning I need some way to secure it.

Are there any iPod Touch (5th generation) cases or other mechanisms to secure the iPod in place so that it can't be stolen? I can't seem to find anything. I've found a few, but they all rely on the 30-pin connector. I need the 4" screen, which unfortunately means I'm stuck with lightning. Any suggestions? Thank you!

2. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

Maybe this and take it out when you need it:
    The Club LB200 Personal Vault Security Lock Box by The Club http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002WRRNFO/ref=cm_sw_r_udp_awd_TjH-sb0Q7W6HC

3. Partridge macrumors 6502

Ummm.

Degree in design.

Make something. Then sell it to us.

4. adamvk thread starter macrumors 65816

adamvk

Haha I don't have time for that.

5. byrdjr222 macrumors member

I don't know if they are available to the public but maybe the devices that they use at retail stores to keep the devices there? I know they are not 100% effective but they are better than leaving the devices there with nothing.

6. adamvk thread starter macrumors 65816

adamvk

Okay, thanks....I've found some that seem like they work, the issue is that they all seem to be permanent. I think I might just find a case that's hard to get off, and attach the device to the case, giving more of an illusion that it can't be stolen. It's not like people will actively be trying to steal it, it's more of a precaution.