iPod is disabled

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by PoWn3d0704, Jan 26, 2010.

1. PoWn3d0704 macrumors newbie

Okay... my amazing younger brother set a password on his 32 GB iPod touch, and he forgot it. I need to either bypass the passcode, or I need to be able to disable the passcode WITHOUT losing his $75+ that he has invested in apps and music. I would love to just plug the iTouch into his PC and restore the thing, but he has managed to go this whole time without syncing his iTouch to his PC even ONCE!

PLUS! he has the old version of iTunes and his iTunes doesnt even flinch when I plug it in. A microsoft window pops up, but nothing on iTunes. As if it doesnt really know it's an iPod. Is there a way to bypass the code and save the content with a 3rd party app, or my PC?

I'd love to save the data, but I'm not going to lose sleep over it if I can't.

THANKS SOOO MUCH in advance,
    It's making me maddddd. :p

2. NathanA macrumors 6502a

I don't think there is any way you are going to be able to recover the data off the device (unless, possibly, if it was jailbroken), and so the music might be gone.

However, as long as you or your brother still knows the e-mail address and password for the iTunes account that the apps were purchased with, all apps that have been purchased can be re-downloaded for no charge from the iTunes Store. Simply go through the motion like you are going to buy the app again, and you will be told something to the effect of, "this update is free because you have already purchased this application."

-- Nathan

3. PoWn3d0704 thread starter macrumors newbie

Grr.... requires work man. :p Yea... I was just hoping for a less round-about way.