iPod keeps restarting.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by admyrick, Aug 12, 2010.

1. admyrick macrumors regular

admyrick

As of today, my jailbroken ipod touch, running iOS 4.0, began restarting every time i try and move or delete an app or web shortcut. does anyone else have this issue and should i do a fresh restore and re jailbreak it or does anybody have an idea of how to fix it. also something that may or may not be related. before today everytime i changed the pages, the apps would automatically show in each specific folder. now it seems like it "lags" and takes an extra second to show the apps. can someone point me in the right direction please.

thanks for your help in advance

admyrick

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

The crashing and lagging are most likely something you have installed. What all did you install via Cydia?

3. celticpride678

I'd try restoring as a new device and see if it works. If it does, re-jailbreak.

Did you install anything via Cydia?

4. saxon48 macrumors 6502a

saxon48

I think you may just have to try a restore/re jailbreak. I had so many problems (terrible lag, insufficient memory to multitask) on my old 2nd gen Touch when it came to iOS 4 and JB. It got to the point where I just downgraded to 3.1.2 and jailbroke from there.

5. admyrick thread starter macrumors regular

admyrick

today i havent installed anything from cydia. but on cydia i have installous, infinifolders, winterboard, and a couple themes. and i actually literally just installed saurik's pdf patch. oh i also have five icon dock, iconoclasm, and sbsettings. but what gets me is that it just started today. i havent had any types of problems and have been really satisfied but it still is giving me headaches.

6. celticpride678

I'd try removing WinterBoard and see if that helps (it can get really high on system resources).

If that doesn't do anything, try removing InfiniFolders.

7. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Remove:

Those no longer work at all or they haven't been fully updated to iOS 4.

8. admyrick thread starter macrumors regular

admyrick

actually they all work. the only one that doesnt work is five column springboard. i have them all on my ipod and they are working. so it isnt that.

9. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Yes, they work. But not properly. That is why your iPod crashes when certain actions are preformed.

10. admyrick thread starter macrumors regular

admyrick

ive just decided to completely restore. and if that doesnt work, ill have to go and downgrade to 3.1.2.
    is it possible that i was affected by some type of PDF virus or whatever it would be considered?

11. celticpride678

They might seem to be working fine...but the behind-the-scenes of the app might not be working properly on iOS 4.