IPOD locked up..

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by pun5302, Apr 6, 2007.

1. pun5302 macrumors newbie

OK...maybe somebody's knows a quick reboot. I hooked my IPOD (30GB Video) up to sync and the screen went to the DO NOT DICONNECT mode, but ITUNES didn't detect it and now the IPOD is locked up. It's been this way for 2 hours. I know with my nano there was a way to force it to reboot but what about for the Video. Anyone know?

2. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

what do you mean by "locked up"? Hold down menu and the center button and that will restart it.

3. gollum macrumors regular

Was the battery real low?
    Mine will do that if the battery is low, just plug it in to the wall for a little while after you reset.

4. zblaxberg Guest

zblaxberg

someone posted this like 5 hours ago...search the forum next time please

holding the center button and menu button for about 5 seconds should reset it

u won't lose your songs either

5. lamina macrumors 68000

lamina

To reboot, hold down the menu and center buttons on the iPod until you see the :apple:

6. yojitani macrumors 68000

yojitani

7. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

8. pun5302 thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry about that... I scanned through quickly and didn't see the other post... guess I'm going blind. Thanks for the tip on 5 R's. I did get my IPOD to wake up, but now it acting very weird. It will play a video podcast, music etc but not let me pause, turn off, go back etc. And I noticed when I'm scrolling through menu's it's very jerky. I'm going to wipe and reset it hoping that this will correct the issue. Anyone had these problems with your Video IPOD? I'm just wondering if mine is defective.. after only 3 wks.

9. zblaxberg Guest

zblaxberg

I've had mine for about a year now...just bought the apple care on it and the worst I've had happen is pretty much what you had...it just froze up...other than that i haven't had any significant issues

10. nov07macbook macrumors newbie

thanks

I had this problem today. Found this thread via Google. Thanks for the advice. It got my ipod back.:D