Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Keyhero

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 19, 2010
Ok, I'm sorry if this is not the right spot for this but I wasn't sure where else to post it.

I will first say that my iPod is a 3rd generation 16gig iPod touch with software 4.1 and it is not jail broken.

This has just started to happen recently and for no reason, and I have no other way to explain it but it loops into recovery mode. I woke up one morning with my ipod dead so I plugged it in and charged it to about half and locked it. A few minutes later I went to unlock it and nothing happened so I held down the power and home button until it came one (I can only assume it was in recovery mode, and my ipod will randomly do that at times for no reason). Then when I was done with it I locked it again and when I went to use it again it wouldn't unlock. So I held down the home and power button and it told me it was dead, which confused me.

So the other night I went to test this and I charged my ipod to full and went to bed with it locked and when I woke up it was dead. I'm not sure if the problem is that it goes into recovery mode, or that it doesn't actually lock and it just drains all my power.

I'm not sure if someone can help me, or if I am out of luck and have to buy a new iPod. So if anyone can help me I would appreciate it. Thank you.

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
You have a 2G iPod. There never was a 16Gb 3G iPod Touch. Try doing a full restore on it and not restoring from a backup. If it still gives you problems then it may have a hardware issue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.