Ipod McBluetooth

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by Plugsmustard, Mar 17, 2009.

1. Plugsmustard macrumors newbie

ok since no one, and i mean no one looks at the chronic dev page anymore...ive come here. now to all the hackers, i dont know if this has been done but here it goes!

1. the iPhone has bluetooth
    2. the iPod 2g does in a manner of speaking
    3. if you ssh into an iPhone, you can find bluetooth files
    4. if you ssh into an iPod 2g..wouldnt you know it bluetooth files
    5. all the files are shockingly alike
    6. not putting bluetooth app on the iPod 2g is a conspiracy created by apple
    Inc. to promote cydia, and or installer (just a thought)

So....! all you guys out there, even the ones with little knowledge let me know your thoughts, I am kind of hesitant to do it myself, but i think i could fix it if need be....thanks

2. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

Just wait for the 3.0 software update, Apple announced just several hours ago that they're going to activate bluetooth in the 2G touch.

3. pwn247 macrumors 6502

pwn247

And I can't wait. :D

But remember, the update is $9.95 for iPod touch users through iTunes. I'm willing to pay that, though, after seeing what's being improved on.

4. Plugsmustard thread starter macrumors newbie

sleep now

Thanks for informing me dude.....kick ass bluetooth, i just wish i knew if my idea would have worked, now if i go asking, all i will get it that apple is releasing the unlock... oh and another funny thing....
    i was going though files on my ipod through ssh, and i found this folder called bluetooth, with a bluetooth file in it, and guess what part of the name was....

"BLUE_DEEP_SLEEP"

or something to the extent

(apple bastards)

5. Plugsmustard thread starter macrumors newbie

1. i know what you mean
    2. i have been trying to figure this out going all over the internet trying to find something, finally i found a website that would answer me.
    3. im not stopping this cuz doiing stuff with products that your not allowd to is my hobby.....it has taken me a while of looking and thinking.....me not finding out now would be like rolling a joint and not smoking it

thank you

hacked xbox 360
    hacked Wii
    Jailbroken Ipod touch 2g 16 gig

6. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Okay, well, when all technology starts having the adaptability seen in Star Trek, let us know (that'll be a kick-awesome era).

Because you can't do it without 3.0, and that's all there is to it.

7. Plugsmustard thread starter macrumors newbie

i dunno man, have you seen some files tucked away in there? ssh into and just look dont move anything or touch anything for that matter, just take a look to see what makes this wonderful little device tick.

8. bradenwh macrumors 6502

You sound like the kind of person who could NEVER enable Bluetooth on the iPod Touch 2G. It's not as simple as copying some stupid files over.
    Did you see how long it took to enable Bluetooth file transfer on the iPhone? Months. And the iPhone's bluetooth was out in the open.
    How long do you think it would take to enable it on the iPod Touch 2G, where Apple has conveniently tucked it away? A long time.

Wait for 3.0, and remove the tin foil hat.

And why exactly would Apple promote jailbreaking, which causes Apple to lose money and loyalty? They wouldn't. You're idea is, to say the least, not very good.

9. Davy.Shalom macrumors 6502

Davy.Shalom

Will they eventually make the firmware update free? Please respond to me via private message