iPod MIA: what now?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by asherman13, Feb 12, 2006.

  1. asherman13 macrumors 6502a


    Jul 31, 2005
    SF Bay Area, CA
    We're having some remodels done on our house, and on Friday afternoon my younger brother couldn't find the iPod (4G 20GB B+W) that he had stuck in his dock the night before to recharge its battery. After casing the room, we've pretty much come to the conclusion that one of the workers might have pocketed it. Our contractor has offered to pay for it, however, since it's off the market now, I was thinking that you guys might be able to give some aid with the options we have to choose from.

    1. He can buy a 5G.

    2. He can wait, and get a touchscreen iPod if they come out.

    3. He can "buy" my 5G, 30GB (meaning he gets my iPod and I get the money) and I wait for a touchscreen iPod if they come out.

    We both love movies and music, but he's an absolute audiophile, so most of his space will be occupied by music (he has +20GB), however, I only have 2GB of music and most of my 5G is full with movies and TV shows. What do you guys think, option 1, 2, or 3? Feel free to recommend an option 4, 5, etc.

    Thanks for the advice!
  2. Timepass macrumors 65816

    Jan 4, 2005
    the touch screen is a rumor and I think it is going to stay that way for a while longer.

    2nd unlike a lot of people who say wait I would just say go buy the 30gig g5 now. If you start waiting now for anything you will always be waiting for the next best thing from apple. About a year ago I got a g4 20gig and I dont wish I waited at all. I got a lot of use and enjoyment out. Plus I got to use it a lot sooner than if I waited.
  3. arcsbite Guest

    Jan 14, 2006
    the resale value of a well kept iPod is fantastic.
    sell him yours and you buy a new one.

    keep all the bits to yours and treat it well (I say you have the new one as I figured you'll be softer handed with yours than he will with his)

    if a new model is released and you really want it, sell the almost new-in mint condition one and buy the new one.

    that way you both have pods, and the option of a possible future upgrade.

Share This Page