Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

am1971

macrumors member
Original poster
May 18, 2005
Barcelona...
Hi,

I have an iPod mini which is about 6 weeks outside of the warranty. I'm having big problems with the battery though. After about 30 minutes of play it just switches itself off and then gives me the low battery message.

I have tried everything I can think of - reinstalling the iPod software, resetting it etc.

I took it to the local Apple centre here and told them I was having problems with the battery but when they found out it wasn't under warranty they didn't want to know. I thought they would send it back and I could pay them to have it fixed.

As it stands I don't know what to do now. Is it possible to send it back to Apple to get a new battery?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Koodauw

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2003
Madison
Yes there is a battery replacement program from apple. (or at least there was.) Check out the site for more details. I had a similiar problem with my iPod Mini, I let it drain all the way down until it was completely dead, let it sit for a few days, then charged it again. The charge took nearly 24 hours to complete, but once it did, the mini was good to go. Might be worth a shot.

am1971

macrumors member
Original poster
May 18, 2005
Barcelona...
Just checked the battery replacement program on the Apple website and it's going to cost €115 to repair it and that doesn't include the cost of sending it to them.

Does anyone have any experience of changing the battery themselves via one of those iPod resQ places or have any other suggestions?

It's very expensive just to replace a battery, isn't it?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.