iPod mini battery quick question

Discussion in 'iPod' started by bloodycape, Aug 12, 2007.

1. bloodycape macrumors 65816

If I go with a 600mah or larger battery will there be a fitment isuse or cause any other issue, like cracking because of its larger size? Thank you.

2. bigandy macrumors G3

bigandy

If it's sold as suitable, it should be ok. I put a battery 50% more powerful than the original in my 3G iPod, and it's been fine. Only thing I'd point out is to be really careful. Three or four friends have ripped ribbon cables opening their iPod minis...

If you want to be sure, show us the link to the battery (if it's online) and we may be able to advise better.

3. bloodycape thread starter macrumors 65816

Thank you for the really quick reply. I don't need to worry about the cables as my ipod has been dissabled for almost 2 months now(paiting it) and never dissabled it as I was wating for 16gig CF card to go down in price(which they did). So yeah this is the battery I am looking at http://www.amazon.com/Internal-Batt...?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1186957790&sr=8-13

It is a 720mah battery and suppose to be a direct replacement.

4. bloodycape thread starter macrumors 65816

Oh in a related question if I install a new hd/flash drive do I need to use the tape of the old HD or is that optional?