Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ariii

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 26, 2012
Chicago
Hey! I just bought a CompactFlash card (32 GB) to put in my Mini, but I also want to replace the battery (I'm getting like 1-2 hours of life).

The sellers I'm looking at mostly seem kinda iffy (eForCity was one but I'm really skeptical about it and I've seen some bad reviews).

Where have you all gotten iPod Mini batteries?

Last edited:

xbpr

macrumors member
Dec 8, 2008
I've purchased a few ipod replacement batteries over the years and the cheap ones purchased from Amazon never seem to hold up well. Ive had better luck with the newertech batteries at other world computing. I just bought a battery for my mini at a decent price. We'll see how this one works out.

Ariii

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 26, 2012
Chicago
I've purchased a few ipod replacement batteries over the years and the cheap ones purchased from Amazon never seem to hold up well. Ive had better luck with the newertech batteries at other world computing. I just bought a battery for my mini at a decent price. We'll see how this one works out.

Thank you! I completely forgot about OtherWorld Computing but I've had great experience with them. I just ordered from them

xbpr

macrumors member
Dec 8, 2008
Thank you! I completely forgot about OtherWorld Computing but I've had great experience with them. I just ordered from them

You'll have to keep us up to date on your upgrade. I just picked up a compact flash adapter and a 64 GB SD card in addition to the battery so I can upgrade my mini.

mgipe

macrumors demi-god
Oct 6, 2009
CA
iFixit.com has been very reliable. That's where I got the battery for my mini.

Ariii

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 26, 2012
Chicago
I'll have to be really careful this time since last time I killed my iPod :p

Any tips on taking it apart? I've used the tutorials and it seems to go right but I messed my iPod up somewhere along the way.

jruschme

macrumors 6502
Dec 20, 2011
Brick, NJ
I'll have to be really careful this time since last time I killed my iPod :p

Any tips on taking it apart? I've used the tutorials and it seems to go right but I messed my iPod up somewhere along the way.

The trickiest part is disconnecting the click wheel from the motherboard. You want to use a small flat screwdriver from the side and only pry on the connector, not the cable.

xbpr

macrumors member
Dec 8, 2008
I finally finished my battery and 64GB CF upgrade. I had a few issues with the iPod self ejecting while I was trying to sync my music, but overall, it seems to be working well.
i_Pod_Zilla_Mini.jpg

i_Pod_Zilla_Mini_i_Tunes.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.