Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

U2Rules!

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 4, 2004
Minnesota
I want to order an Ipod. I'm leaning toward the mini because 1,000 songs is plenty for me to keep on hand. I mainly will be using my Ipod at the gym when I workout. Do Ipods have very good skip protection? Does anyone have the armband holder for the Ipod Mini? If so, does it fit too tight to actually work out with it on, especially when doing biceps or triceps?

Bran

macrumors member
Jan 6, 2004
I guess that depends on how big you are :p

~lift 100lbs = ipod mini go flying, heh

seamuskrat

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2003
New Jersey USA
You can get straps and clips that go on arms, or ankles, or belts. They are elastic, Yes, they move some when working out, but not excessively once you find the best placement. As for skip protection, if you are a smooth runner, its fine. But X Country it can be bad. But for normal gym use, I have never had any sort of problem.

QCassidy352

macrumors G5
Mar 20, 2003
Bay Area
I've run with my mini, sometimes fairly far and fast. It has never skipped on me once. I'm amazed, to be honest - amazed and very happy.

Inspector Lee

macrumors 6502a
Jan 24, 2004
East Lansing, MI
You'll have to tweak the placement of the armband depending on the exercise. I usually move it down towards my elbow when doing biceps and especially dips. I'll also maneuver the placement of the mini itself so that it sits on the inside of my arm while in the weight room. I fear it getting scratched or bumped by a wayward bar.

It is also great to wear while pumping the rock (shooting hoops). It made me feel like I was in a large arena during a pregame shootaround.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.