ipod mini ...

jlewis2k1

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 14, 2005
in your closet
I think my ipod mini is beginning to hate me :-\ It keeps making this clicking noise as if I were using the wheel. I have tried to restart it but i can... it got a mind of its own now. any suggestions?

varmit

macrumors 68000
Aug 5, 2003
jlewis2k1 said:
I think my ipod mini is beginning to hate me :-\ It keeps making this clicking noise as if I were using the wheel. I have tried to restart it but i can... it got a mind of its own now. any suggestions?
Do a restore. Hopefully it is just a problem with the software.

kretzy

macrumors 604
Sep 11, 2004
Canberra, Australia
That really sucks, I'd try the restore but if that doesn't work take it back to where you bought it from, it should still be under warrenty.

Logik

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2004
which reminds me... what's the best way to clean that ol scroll wheel on the ipods? mine is a little funky around the outer edges.. not bad but i'd prefer to keep it kinda clean and hence the desire to clean it a bit

dotnina

macrumors 6502a
Aug 19, 2004
Logik said:
which reminds me... what's the best way to clean that ol scroll wheel on the ipods? mine is a little funky around the outer edges.. not bad but i'd prefer to keep it kinda clean and hence the desire to clean it a bit
A clean white eraser. :) One of those nice ones, like the Stadteliner (sp?). I used to use that on my Mini ... worked like a charm. Whatever you do, don't use a crappy eraser, and don't use a pink one. I tried both of those, and it just made a mess, smear-wise and eraser crumb-wise.

ClarkeB

macrumors 6502
Jan 24, 2005
Oh god, that annoying click sound! Thank god you can turn it off on a 3G.

:D

killuminati

macrumors 68020
Dec 6, 2004
dotnina said:
A clean white eraser. :) One of those nice ones, like the Stadteliner (sp?). I used to use that on my Mini ... worked like a charm. Whatever you do, don't use a crappy eraser, and don't use a pink one. I tried both of those, and it just made a mess, smear-wise and eraser crumb-wise.
I'm gona try that, my wheel has gone from white to brown :(.

cmvsm

macrumors 6502a
Nov 12, 2004
The clicking noise may mean the drive is going bad. My old Dell company laptop used to do that and it always pre-cursored a dying drive. Must have sent that thing in to be rebuilt 5 times over a 3 year period. Big time POS.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.