Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

theman5725

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 2, 2006
My brother has an iPod Mini that currently has a battery life of about 10 minutes. I know that iPods battery declines overtime but 10 minutes seems way too short, especially since hes only had it for about 1 1/2 years (its the 2nd generation one). Basically is there anyway to increase the battery life of this, or would he be better off buying one of the new Nanos?

XPelargos

macrumors newbie
May 1, 2004
I have the exact same problem. I'm not bothering to fix it. I'm getting a free nano with a MacBook for college. You might be able to pay to get a new battery installed but depending on the cost of that, it might be smart to just buy a new one.

pianoman

macrumors 68000
May 31, 2006
take it to apple and see if they'll replace it for you. or better yet, if they'll give you a new nano. it's worth a shot - if they don't replace it, you haven't really lost anything.

Warbrain

macrumors 603
Jun 28, 2004
Chicago, IL
pianoman said:
take it to apple and see if they'll replace it for you. or better yet, if they'll give you a new nano. it's worth a shot - if they don't replace it, you haven't really lost anything.

You'll shell out around 70 bucks for a battery replacement, and it's a load of **** anyway since the batteries in the iPods are crummy already. I did it through Apple, and it only lasted me about six months.

You're better off buying a new iPod.

MattyMac

macrumors 68000
Oct 6, 2005
NJ/NYC
Warbrain said:
You'll shell out around 70 bucks for a battery replacement, and it's a load of **** anyway since the batteries in the iPods are crummy already. I did it through Apple, and it only lasted me about six months.

You're better off buying a new iPod.
Actually for the 70$ battery replacement program at the apple store, they hand you a brand new mini. Remarkably they still have them in stock for this sort of thing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.