iPod minis now shipping in UK

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by dobbin, Jul 20, 2004.

1. klaus macrumors 6502a

klaus

Well, that means it arrived at the depot in Luxemburg or Ireland. From there, TNT will take over, when that happens, you'll be able to use that reference number that starts with 80, to track your order on the tnt webpage..

2. Sabbath macrumors 6502a

Sabbath

On the Order status page click on the tracking number and you will probably have got a third number last night, mine starts with 89....

This is your tnt tracking number enter it on tnt and select coming from outside the UK. You should get it today though as it sounds like its in the same order as mine and others.

Oh and the reson I spent so long on this reply, is mine just arrived! :D :D :D :D

3. ScotRobson macrumors 6502

My tracking number is a 10 digit number starting with 80 but TNT website just says "not found" I havn't had a third number.

Congrats on yours arriving - enjoy!

Scot

4. ScotRobson macrumors 6502

I presume its your blue one that arrived and your still waiting on two pinks?

What do you think of the blue? I ordered silver and the next day wished i had got blue, but like you the wait was much longer by then. I didnt think of multi ordering though lol ;)

Time to change your sig now as well Sabbath :D

Scot

5. klaus macrumors 6502a

klaus

Well, there's no info on that number, because tnt haven't taken over the package as of yet. Check back in a couple of hours, it'll change :)

enjoy!

6. dobbin thread starter macrumors 6502a

dobbin

Keep checking - hopefully another tracking number (9 digits) will appear soon that will work on the TNT site. Make sure you click the 'consignment' number box and not the 'reference' number box on the TNT site.

Mine was delivered at 10.30 and signed for by someone called LAVIS. Who the hell is that? I guess it must be someone on my street that has accepted the package for me. I'm going mad thinking that they may be playing with my [wife's] iPod while I'm stuck at work! Well I know they won't have opened it really, but it's still frustrating.

I think I may pop home at lunchtime :) Its only a 26 mile round trip and will save the difficulty of my neighbours coming round and giving it to my wife later when its supposed to be a secret until 2nd August..... ;)

7. ScotRobson macrumors 6502

Ok, so i need to look out for a new number? is that right?

Scot

8. ScotRobson macrumors 6502

Ok you beat me to it - im too slow!

Thanks Dobbin

Scot

9. Sabbath macrumors 6502a

Sabbath

Yup definitely time to change the sig and I can remove the mad face as well as that was only added when they delayed my airport express, and I guess they have partially redeemed themselves by delivering this early.

It's the blue one which is here, it's quite nice on it's own but doesn't really fit in with my desk of Apple products, everything else being white or aluminium. I didn't go for the silver as I wanted something a bit brighter but the silver would definitely look better on my desk, I'm sure you will be more than pleased with Silver. I'll have to wait till a pink one gets here before making my final decision.

I've just spent ages deciding what music to put on my mini, 4Gb actually goes surprisingly far at AAC 128kbps, I've managed to get 1040 songs on with a whopping 15Mb free :D It's seems a fair bit slower than my 3G 20Gb to upload songs but the size is really nice, and hopefully I won't need a case to stop it getting all scratched with is annoying in that it adds more depth to the iPod. Also I wanted a new one of the black bags you get with the regular iPod but no luck unfortunately. Now I just need to wait for it to charge before taking it for an inaugural trip.

Enjoy your minis everyone :)

10. jothee macrumors newbie

My silver mini just got delivered about 30 minutes ago. This is my first ipod and this thing is SO COOOOL. i can't believe how small it is and how well the click wheel works. I'm glad i went with the silver, looks much better than in pictures.

Hope you all get your mini's soon.

11. dobbin thread starter macrumors 6502a

dobbin

TNT suck!

OK, I know I said earlier that TNT were very quick, but the service is not great!!

They delivered my pinkie to a house that is not even on my street because no-one on my street was at home! And they didn't even leave a card at my house to say what they'd done :eek:

It was only because I was tracking online that I knew to check. So I called the TNT local depot and the lady on the phone had to go and ask the driver what he'd done with it. He said it was left with a house ON A DIFFERENT STREET. I was able to collect it from them and they were equally surprised to hear my story.

I certainly won't be using TNT next time I have to ship anything.

Back on the subject of the mini, how long does it take to charge? I want to get it ready for my wife but without opening the bag with the instructions in if possible. I have put 20 albums on as a start for her and its only about 1/3 full. Those are high bitrate MP3s so when I get round to re-ripping to AAC it should fit even more. More than plenty for her, until she finds out about the iTunes Music Store! ;)

12. VincentVega macrumors regular

jothee: Thanks for the apecode.com link! My silver iPod Mini is showing as having arrived in its truck at its final destination, Luxembourg. However, it doesn't look like TNT have taken charge of it for its journey to me yet, as clicking on the link on the left doesn't show anything :(.

This is my first Apple product and I'm really looking forward to owning it. I already have plans for it: iPod Mini and myself are going on holiday to Iceland for a week in early September...

13. jothee macrumors newbie

My guess is TNT should get hold of it in the next few hours, at which point it'll fly. You'll hopefully get it tomorrow.

I'm just loving my mini :)

14. rogerw macrumors 6502

my daughters engraved pink one arrived today

15. VincentVega macrumors regular

I've been looking at the info about my order on the Apecode website and the last entry is dated 20th July - three days ago.

Here's the relevant part of the tracking:

Code:
    Stat Date  Status  Stat Desc.                          Prod. Source
    20 jul 04  90 75   truck arrived at final destination  Apple, Shanghai	  	
    19 jul 04  30 10   departed direct                     KN Luxemburg	 	
    15 jul 04  30 60   departed from product source        Kuehne & Nagel Shanghai	 	
    15 jul 04  05 00   boxes scanned                       Kuehne & Nagel Shanghai	 	
    15 jul 04  00 05   Data received from supplier         Apple, Shanghai

Anyone care to decipher this for me? Where is my iPod? Is is still in Shanghai or is it in Luxembourg? Why the delay?

16. dobbin thread starter macrumors 6502a

dobbin

VV, try going back to the order status page of the Applestore and clicking on the tracking codes there. I think there are 2 codes, one for the first part of the journey and another when TNT pick it up. Look for a 9 digit number, and enter this on the tracking page at www.tnt.com, make sure youy select 'consignment' number (not reference number) and hopefully you'll get some more info.

I hope you get it soon.

17. Sabbath macrumors 6502a

Sabbath

After receiving my blue mini yesterday my pink one is now in at the resellers (I'm going to pick it up now) and they have all colours of minis in stock there as well I believe. So if anyone is looking for a mini I can point you in the direction.

18. Sabbath macrumors 6502a

Sabbath

Arrgghh I have both pink and blue in front of me now and I still can't decide which one I prefer. The pink isn't as nice as I thought it would be but I still like it hmmmm :rolleyes:

19. VincentVega macrumors regular

Hooray! Something's happened!

I called up Apple Store UK at lunchtime and was told that my iPod was with TNT and I was given a consignment tracking number to try. Lo and behold, my iPod is now showing as "in transit" and is currently shown as being in Eindhoven ("Consignment Received At Transit Point").

20. ScotRobson macrumors 6502

Hi

My iPod was shipped on the 15th and only today it has shown on the TNT website. Like you it shows "in transit" and in Eindhoven. I wonder how long it will take to arrive now! :confused: I CANT WAIT!!!! I ordered a new iPod when they were released a few days after ordering the mini. I tried to cancel the mini order but it was too late. However, I have now managed to talk my partner into letting me keep both :eek: :D

Scot

21. dobbin thread starter macrumors 6502a

dobbin

I know exactly what you mean. I hate to be critical when I know loads of people would kill for one, but its not quite as pink as I'd hoped. I still like it, and I hope Mrs Dobbin will too!

22. VincentVega macrumors regular

When I called the Apple Store, I was told to expect it sometime in the first half of next week. My order now states "Shipped From Originating Depot", so it's presumably winging its way across the channel to the UK and on to me. Annoyingly it's the weekend now, so that's another two days to wait...

IMHO, Apple needs to improve the tracking a little so that it's easier to find out what's going on. Still, I'm sure it'll all be worth it in the end!

Of course, you could always give your partner one of the iPods... :)

23. ScotRobson macrumors 6502

Yes thats how i managed to get away with it. He will have the mini because he has far less music than me. I have just over 4GB on iTunes so far, when I ordered the mini I just though I would have to be selective with what went on it. Now with my iPod on the way aswell I can just put it all on with room to spare (not that I will probably listen to it all) :D

Scot

24. Zaty macrumors 65816

Mine (pink) is on its way, too. It's already in Switzerland. So there's a good chance I get on Monday which is my birthday. That's so sweet! Thanks Apple!

25. captain kirk macrumors member

I just picked up 3 mini's this morning from Selfridges in Manchester's lovely trafford centre. The apple guy there said they had loads in stock as well as all the pre ordered ones.