iPod Models Audio Quality - Much Diff

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by VanMac, Jul 18, 2007.

1. VanMac macrumors 6502a

VanMac

Hey.

My 30G iPhoto has been relegated to the car (the lock icon is on all the time, and I cant control it through click wheel...I can still update it and play it through car system, as it uses the car audio's controls)

Anywho, I need a new iPod for commuting on Train, etc. I was pretty happy with Audio quality on the 30G iPhoto. Is there much difference between the Nano and video iPod as far as audio quality?

I cant really wait till next gen (even if it is only a couple of months) to upgrade. I was thinking maybe just getting a nano for now, but not sure. I borrowed my sons today, and not sure if it sounded as good as my iPhoto, but it might just be me......

Any insights appreciated.

2. AlBDamned macrumors 68030

AlBDamned

I've been using a 30GB iPod photo for about 2.5 years and recently got a 2GB Nano; the sound quality is so much better on the Nano it's unreal. Not sure about the Nano vs the 5.5 Video, although last time I used my G/F's 5G video iPod it again sounded better than my 30GB photo.

I doubt there'd be much difference between current models, but the new ones are definitely better than older generations ones in my experience.