iPod iPod music transfer?

sainteven

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 16, 2006
Here's my problem:

- I just got a MacBook (that's the good part).

- I have several thousand songs on my iPod and PC.

- I need all of that music on my MacBook.

Is there any way to simply transfer the music straight from the iPod to the MacBook?

(My PC isn't on a network, so there's no easy way to transfer straight from there).

Any ideas?

munckee

macrumors 65816
Oct 27, 2005
Technically, no. Apple didn't allow this option for fear that people would go to a friends house, copy all their music to your ipod, then take it home and add it to your library.

However, there are programs that will do just that. I can't reccommend a specific one, but I'm sure if you google search you'll find what you're looking for. Or someone here will point you in the right direction.

Eraserhead

macrumors G4
Nov 3, 2005
UK
Or for a free program that can even copy the music into iTunes on the Mac try Senuti, or take a look at the Guide if you want more options.

You will probably loose your ratings if you do this, to get round that first copy your 5* songs onto your iPod, create a playlist called 5* songs in iTunes, and then tell Senuti to add songs from your iPod to the 5* songs playlist, then rate those songs 5* in iTunes and repeat for your other ratings.

kildraik

macrumors 6502a
May 7, 2006
Agreed with Senuti... and fyi there was a thread a bit earlier about iPod Transfering...:rolleyes: