iPod Nano: 2nd Gen Refurb Review

Discussion in 'iPod' started by magicjames92, Jun 23, 2007.

1. magicjames92 macrumors regular

I just got a iPod Nano 2nd Gen, 4gb, silver, Refurb and i'm gonna review it. It came in a refurb box, and it was in perfect shape, if not for the box it would look new. Keep in mind during this review, the most recent ipod i've had is a mini. It is very small and light. (+) It works perfectly. (+) Sound quality is great. (+) The headphones didn't come with covers. (-) No wall charger included (-) There can be multiple clocks that can display the time in the zone of your choice. There is a search songs feature. Photo and podcast support. I am very happy with it and would recommend it. I was also happy with the refurb being such great quality.

Overall: 5 of 5, meets expectations, does what it says, easy to use.

2. kellen macrumors 68020

kellen

Very true. Also as a hint for all the people out there with the first gen and wanting a 2nd gen, put yours on ebay.

I put my first gen 4 gig on ebay. Had heaphones and original box, no warranty. Ended at 130 and I charged for shipping. Refurb 4 gig new generation is only 129.99, so 140 with tax.

I would gladly pay 20 for a newer one and a warranty for another year.

Kellen

3. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Gah, $129. That's amazing. I could have a pink 4GB instead of a 2GB silver for something like $30-35 more (I paid $104 shipped for a 2GB used one about two weeks ago). :(

4. kellen macrumors 68020

kellen

Yeah, I saw the refurb price drop, so I checked out how much they were selling for on ebay. I was surprised. Nervous though, as the last 10 hours was when it went from 50 to 130.

Give it a shot.

5. magicjames92 thread starter macrumors regular

apples refurbs are going for cheaper than ebay.

6. ps56k macrumors member

ps56k

just bought & received one of the Nano 2GB refurbs for a friend.... looks & works like brand new -
    but now - have to get a charger for it :(
    as she won't always have a computer/USB handy for charging.
    (PS - our 30GB iPod did come with the charger,
    so we've not had to buy one yet)

Any comments on the TONS of different chargers out there ?

I would think any of the 5v USB wall plugs would work fine
    using the included USB cable.

Just wondering of any probs with dumb chargers
    & leaving the Nano connected for say days...

7. MattyMac macrumors 68000

MattyMac

Chargers no longer come with iPods (refurb or brand new) ...incase you didn't know. It does come with the iPhone though.