iPod Nano 3G just around the corner?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by netdog, Aug 22, 2007.

1. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

We all have our eye on Paris Mac Expo for release of the new iPod, but given the photos at 9to5 that were taken down at the request of Apple's legal eagles, I expect that we are going to see the Nano any day now.

With a shot like this floating around, these pups are not a month+ away.

It is possible (even probable in my mind) that they will stagger the iPod Nano and full-size multi-touch iPod Video G6 releases, and even then, Paris may very well turn out to be about the iPhone as contracts were seemingly recently signed with O2 (UK), Orange (France) and T-Mobile (Germany). I would also expect to see the launch of iTMS Europe's television and movie offerings, perhaps even rolling out iTMS movie rentals for the rest of you.

I know the iPods in the 9to5 shot look pretty crappy, but I expect that when we see how small they are, they may actually look pretty good in the flesh.

2. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

Keep in mind that just because Apple requested the photos be taken down, this does not mean they are real.

Regardless, they could be real (anything is possible!) and whether they are or are not, I agree, I think nano updates are imminent. I'd be surprised if we didn't see new ones on or before the Paris Expo.

3. 66217 Guest

Where can I see the photos?

I just arrived from college a couple of minutes ago and they were already down.:(

4. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

The images are still available here on MacRumors. Basically it is 5 nanos arranged in the "flower petal" formation a la the new iLife and iWork artwork arrangement. They are shorter and stubbier. The main article is here, which I'm sure you've already found.

5. netdog thread starter macrumors 603

netdog

6. homeboy macrumors 6502

Exactly. The photo is still all over the net and if Apple really wanted it to be taken down they would not only have said that to 9to5mac but also to engadget, macrumors, apple insider and gizmondo. The picture is still up on those sites. So the whole thing is bullocks.

7. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

And that's what is making em question things a bit more. If the images are truly legit, why wouldn't Apple have put a C&D on MacRumors as well and had them pull the images down? It's not like Apple doesn't know about MacRumors... :p ;)