iPod Nano 3G, WOW

Discussion in 'iPod' started by aaquib, Sep 15, 2007.

1. aaquib macrumors 65816

aaquib

I watched :apple:Steve Jobs hold it, I've watched unboxing videos, but I just got it and WOW. I cant stop looking at it. Its so small and thin, coverflow is soo cool and videos look pretty awesome. I hooked it up to the Apple universal dock, and it displays video on the TV just fine. I hate when my things get dirty, and the nano is just screaming for fingerprints, but I cant dare hide this thing in a case. Anyone else here in love with this thing?

2. dalvin200 macrumors 68040

yup :cool:

3. TimJim macrumors 6502a

it was quite different than i anticipated at the apple store, its crazy thin. hope you like it.

4. Deepdale macrumors 68000

Deepdale

I watched a portion of a TV show on one while at Apple last Friday. No question that it is a really nice product, but those smudge prone backs are a key turnoff for me.

5. ctakim macrumors 6502

????
    If that is your biggest complaint, well...don't turn it over!:confused:

6. Deepdale macrumors 68000

Deepdale

Very illuminating comment. You need to respect the fact that when a person expresses an opinion, it need not be met by an expression of confusion.

7. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

8. swwack91 macrumors 6502a

lol - that exchange is enlightening

9. Eric Lewis macrumors 68020

Eric Lewis

10. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Same here. Until you see it and hold it, you can't really appreciate it. The pictures do not do it justice. After playing with it at Apple the other day, I'm going to get a 4GB with my iPhone credit.

Like I need another iPod.:rolleyes:

11. rychencop macrumors 65816

rychencop

Love mine....no problems at all. And the silver matches my MBP beautifully.

12. ryanwarsaw macrumors 68000

ryanwarsaw

13. Shorties macrumors 6502a

Wait the apple universal dock lets you display TV!? Does it give you a GUI to work through so you don't have to stare at the iPod when choosing your movie?

14. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

I was playing around with one at the Apple store last night. Really frickin' slick little gadget.

15. maccam macrumors 6502a

maccam

16. Wayfarer macrumors 65816

Wayfarer

Especially those complaining about the shiny backside. I don't understand...

Why not use protection? :confused:

17. SactoGuy18 macrumors 68030

SactoGuy18

I'd love to get protection for my new 3G iPod nano but I have yet to see the new protective cases designed for the 3G nano in any store. :mad: I've checked the websites for Belkin, DLO, Griffin and Speck Products and none of them are actually shipping to dealers the new cases designed for the 3G nano.

18. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

I just saw one in person for the first time today and I really like it now. Before I saw an actual one I thought that it looked bad from the pictures though.

19. Mydel macrumors 6502a

Mydel

Finnaly I went yesterday to apple store to take a look at new nano 3G. It looks great but its a no no for me :( . Size and overall look from the front are great but that shiny backplate is a huge mistake IMHO. Those nanos are in the Apple store like week or so and already are completely scratched. I hope they will reconsider soon and get them the same look as 2G with brushed aluminum all over. It may seem stupid but I like my stuff to stay nice as long as possible and they are not giving me a chance with that design :mad:

20. Zegna macrumors member

I saw one in an Apple Store this past weekend and, wow, the new nano is just simply amazing.

You really have to see it in person, and most probably you will fall in love instantly with the pretty little thing.

21. hyddan macrumors member

I love it too, using it right now at work :)

However I do have one snitch. The screensaver isn't really what I expected. I used to glance at the ipod now and again to see where I was in the song withouth illuminating the screen but now with the screensaver going on that isn't possible. It's not that irritating but its hard to let go of that old habit :) Haven't found an option to turn off the screensaver.

/EDIT
    Ipod nano, now 40x cooler, 4x better and 1.5x smaller. Worth an upgrade for me atleast :)

22. Tymmz macrumors 65816

Tymmz

same here. i thought/hoped we wouldn't see these shiny backs again.

23. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

http://www.shieldzone.com/

Worked awesome with my last nano, although it was all metal, and not prone to scratchin as much as the shiny metal that's on the current pods. Invivsible Shield is hardly noticeable. I highly reccomend. I've never used a case with my other iPod, except an iPod sock, which doesn't protect very well.

24. Mac In School macrumors 65816

Yesterday I picked up for 4 GB model and the Nike + iPod thingy. I'm in love. :)