Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

northy014

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 26, 2008
I accidentally formatted my iPod on a Windows PC, and now I get it back to my Mac it won't work. Therefore I want to restore it, unfortunately the school I am at blocks iTunes internet connections and I can't download the iPod Nano software. Therefore I need to know where I can get this software as a direct download off of the internet. Also, I need to know how to restore the iPod from the download. Do I press ctrl and then click restore or something, as on Windows iTunes. Thanks for any help.

Pixellated

macrumors 65816
Apr 1, 2008
I accidentally formatted my iPod on a Windows PC, and now I get it back to my Mac it won't work. Therefore I want to restore it, unfortunately the school I am at blocks iTunes internet connections and I can't download the iPod Nano software. Therefore I need to know where I can get this software as a direct download off of the internet. Also, I need to know how to restore the iPod from the download. Do I press ctrl and then click restore or something, as on Windows iTunes. Thanks for any help.
Shift + Click. :)

northy014

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 26, 2008
Thanks. Any idea where I can download the software itself other than with itunes?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.