iPod nano 6g issues

Discussion in 'iPod' started by emkwan, Oct 13, 2010.

1. emkwan macrumors regular

emkwan

Hmmm so after recently buying a whole range of iDevices recently I decided to purchase an iPod nano 6G yesterday. Having charged it up for 10 hours Iv used it today as a wrist watch. The original reason to purchase in the first place. Lol

Anyway with middle brightness settings pedometer off and making sure that the music player WAS NOT ON durin the day, after 20 mins using the iPod this evening the iPod died on me.

Any help? It's on charge now. I'm going to monitor tomorrow otherwise Ill be returning it tomorrow. But am I missing the point?

2. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

It's not really designed to be operated with the LCD and backlight continuously on. That will drain the battery pretty quick I would think.

3. emkwan thread starter macrumors regular

emkwan

Actually the screen does not stay on for more then 60 seconds so really it shouldnt have been draining my battery as much as it was. But thanks for your input.

4. Surely Guest

Surely

I've noticed that the battery life on my nano has dramatically improved since I bought it.

Perhaps condition the battery (charge it up to 100%, drain it down to 0) and see if that improves anything.

5. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

Mine too has done this. its always had great battery life but it got substantially better after several initial charges.

6. kingalien macrumors regular

kingalien

I've noticed the same with my 6G.