iPod nano 7G

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Aucun Express, Sep 11, 2010.

1. Aucun Express macrumors regular

Now that the new iPod nano has been released, what do you really think that the iPod nano 7G will get? I start:
    - I really think that there will be a 16GB and a 32GB model. It's been a while since the iPod nano memory was upgraded.
    - Two new buttons for previous/next song? This is really an important feature and maybe Apple will find a way to make it right.

I hope they will not add some new useless gadget like a camera. The simpler the better.

2. svndmvn Guest

I hope we don't have to wait next year for a software update. I'd like to see Notes back (reading my Mac's text files), maybe a calendar, contacts.. It was possible on the old mini, the first nano and I think their screens were smaller.
    I'd also like it to have bluetooth but that's less likely, I'm afraid.
    As to having more buttons, I doubt it. Double the storage and change the aesthetics a bit? Probable.

3. Bozley0621 macrumors 6502

It's a shame that I feel a need to throw out this disclaimer, but everyone takes everything so personally in here....

This is MY want and I am in no way expecting everyone to have the same desire......

a click wheel.
    built in Nike+

I could give or take the video camera. Although I'm still rockin' the 3G iPhone, so the nano 5th gen is the only video camera I have.

4. tigress666 macrumors 68040

Or for the previous/next song maybe Apple will finally include the headphones with a remote.

I think they will add back in video playing capability (since really it's just a software change there and they can advertise it as a "new" feature). Maybe the notes and calendar too (software changes aren't too hard to put in ;). They prolly could have put it in the current one but maybe doing the Apple thing of leaving them out so they can be new features).

I don't mind if they add a useless gadget if it doesn't compromise form/size (basically it should still be good for clipping on for those who workout/excercise or need something small that stays out of the way). I don't complain about extra toys unless they compromise something important to put them on. But I don't think they'll put a camera back in cause that will make it bigger.

Other than that, I'm not sure what they'll change.

5. hcho3 macrumors 68030

They will probably double the memory from 8 to 16GB on base model.
    Other than that, there is nothing else to add on ipod nano.Video? No. Camera? No. You have a phone.

6. Googlyhead macrumors 6502

Wish lists already? Not too happy with the new one then?

Anyway; three things it needs:
    More storage (it's a full iPod, not a shuffle!)
    Nike plus chip (requiring a dingle is sooo last year! Or the year before. No, two years before.)
    Bluetooth. (always seems to be discussed / requested, the only iPod not needing it is the shuffle)

Battery life can always be improved, and there's the possibility of gimmicks like a led torch, but nothing else essential or useful.
    I can agree that the camera is no great loss, although I would hope notes and video support make a comeback, at least for external av equipment.

7. jamied95 macrumors 6502

I think they might reintroduce the click-wheel and a bigger screen, I can't imagine this current one is most peoples cup of tea..

8. Googlyhead macrumors 6502

...but as the new 'classic'? :)

9. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

This one intrigued me. I keep thinking they'll go back to the old form factor but retain touchscreen for the nano in the next generation but, considering the classic is getting a bit long in the tooth, it wouldn't surprise me if the classic went flash-based and retained the click wheel we've all grown used to but a smaller form factor.

10. tigress666 macrumors 68040

That is what I think they need to do with the classic. I don't think the new nano needs to go away or be changed back to before, I think it hits a particular market perfectly (and doesn't compete with the Touch). But I do think if the classic is to survive that is exactly the changes I'd say need to do with it to appeal to the market it goes for (and maybe steal a few disgruntled nano fans to it :) ).

11. tkermit macrumors 68030

tkermit

Please, please let that come true :)

12. SlamJam12 macrumors regular

This is what I hope for with the iPod Classic. This is the first time that I have seen a clickwheel device switch to touchscreen device while retaining the name. I am not sure where the iPod nano can go from this design.

13. MaxMike macrumors 6502

I'm thinking that they will bring back the click wheel. I think that a 1.5 inch touchscreen is way too small (tried it out at the Apple Store and I will gladly take my 5G over the 6G). And bring back video playback. They introduced it on the 3G just to eliminate it a few years later?! :confused:

14. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

Hardly anyone watches video on a small screen. Steve Jobs was right - people just don't do it. They added it almost as a "Fine, here, shut up" and proved themselves right.