iPod nano and touch to be updated in January

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Markov, Dec 23, 2009.

1. Markov macrumors 6502

Markov

Hi all, I work at an authorized Apple reselling store. Yesterday while on my break I was reading our daily news articles, and one of them said that the iPod touch and iPod nano is no longer available for purchase online directly to the customer (direct2u) and that stock of both iPods will no longer be replenished until January. To me, this seems like evidence that the iPods will be refreshed in early January. We stopped carrying the classic some time ago, so I'm not sure what the deal is with that. I have visual proof if anyone is interested. The pictures are not too great because I took them with my cell phone, but still legible. Let me know if anyone is interested.

2. pjgeer macrumors member

I am an apple product buyer for a reseller, in Canada, all my shipping estimates are 24hrs for all nanos, touches and classics. I haven't heard any news on product shortage up here yet.

3. chrisesposito macrumors member

I am curious as to why you think this is the case. As a test, I just went to apple.com and added a 32GB ipod touch to my cart and went most of the way through the checkout process. I was given a delivery date of dec 24th so it looks like they are still available for sale to the consumer. Is this not what you meant?

4. ipodtouch3g macrumors newbie

i am intersested. i am waiting for an update to the ipod touch. last update wasn't satisfying. post the pictures that u have.

5. Muncher macrumors 65816

Muncher

Sounds like your company underestimated the Christmas rush and bought too few.

6. Markov thread starter macrumors 6502

Markov

7. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

North Carolina Radio Shack.

you really should cover up numbers.;)

8. Markov thread starter macrumors 6502

Markov

Incorrect. Wrong state lol. I have nothing to hide anyway, it's not a company secret or anything held in high regard. In fact, it's information customers would need to know. Plus any clever person can check my profile for my location anyhow ; ) NC is 910 area code, I believe.