Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MattZani

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Apr 20, 2008
UK
I've just ordered a 5G iPod Nano, and one thing i want to do with it is Record Bike Rides, so im wondering how to mount it, would have to be in landscape mode, attached to the handlebars, and damn strong :p

Might just end up making one, but im not completely sure how, without it being flimsy and dropping my Beautiful Nano at high speeds.

Vidder

macrumors regular
Jan 10, 2008
New Jersey
I've just ordered a 5G iPod Nano, and one thing i want to do with it is Record Bike Rides, so im wondering how to mount it, would have to be in landscape mode, attached to the handlebars, and damn strong :p

Might just end up making one, but im not completely sure how, without it being flimsy and dropping my Beautiful Nano at high speeds.

i don't have a nano, but I got a bike mount for my iPhone. I just did a google search. I suggest (if possible) getting one that is a bag just for the reason of keeping it out of the elements. I'm not sure if you are mountain biking or road biking, (i do both), so i didn't want my iPhone to get wet from mud, puddles, or rain. Just something to keep in mind while shopping.

here's a quick search i did from google:
(i searched - ipod nano bike mount)

http://www.google.com/products?hl=e...a=X&oi=product_result_group&ct=title&resnum=4

MattZani

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Apr 20, 2008
UK
Think im just gonna fabricate my own, all the ones i found are only designed for Bicycles, not Motorbikes, so im not sure how it will deal higher speeds, more vibrations etc.

Vidder

macrumors regular
Jan 10, 2008
New Jersey
Think im just gonna fabricate my own, all the ones i found are only designed for Bicycles, not Motorbikes, so im not sure how it will deal higher speeds, more vibrations etc.

motor bike....could have mentioned that in the first post. my entire response was based off a a 'bicycle'.

dXTC

macrumors 68020
Oct 30, 2006
Up, up in my studio, studio
I'm not sure that the new Nano's camera has Electronic Image Stabilization, so, almost quite literally, Your Mileage May Vary.

Whatever you do, be safe, especially if you're going to record one of those insane-speed videos like I've seen occasionally on YouTube. Those are hardcore.

NymphoGeek

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2010
I know just the thing! I use a Spiderpodium from Breffo. It's a sort of a gadget holder -- really great to use with iPods, especially for people who love to do certain activities like biking and running on a treadmill. This thing has 8 bendable "legs", you can wrap 4 of them around your gadget to hold it in place, and wrap the others around your bike's handle, your treadmill, your baby's stroller, or any place, to secure it and keep your hands or pockets free. It works great as a tripod, too. Very inexpensive at 20 dollars!

Here's how it looks like:
http://breffo.com/gallery.html

dXTC

macrumors 68020
Oct 30, 2006
Up, up in my studio, studio
I just thought of a peripherally related matter. Make sure you get a good protective case for your nano. You don't want your nano's screen or polished finish to get all scratched up in the unlikely event of a bad crash/wipeout/slide. I would normally recommend my Scosche Kickback N5, but it wouldn't provide enough front-side protection for the screen and click-wheel area.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.