Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

joecool85

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 9, 2005
Maine
Damn. I did a quick search, and figuring it was new and would be at the top and I didn't see it, I posted. :-(

Oh well, its still cool! lol

See what I get for getting busy and paying attention to my school work and not MR??

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
joecool85 said:
Damn. I did a quick search, and figuring it was new and would be at the top and I didn't see it, I posted. :-(

See what I get for getting busy and paying attention to my school work and not MR??

Most definitely ditch the school work.

"MacRumors Poster" will look better on your resume. :D

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
joecool85 said:

Pfft!! What has school ever done for anyone?

doucy2

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2005
Chundles said:
Pfft!! What has school ever done for anyone?
told me that I hate it and rather be posting on here

next time check the dates before you post something lol

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
doucy2 said:
told me that I hate it and rather be posting on here

next time check the dates before you post something lol

Eh? It's December 22nd. So what?

r6girl

Administrator/Project Manager
Staff member
Sep 6, 2003
New England
well, i hadn't heard this yet, so thanks for the post. although that's probably just a sign that i'm not really paying as much attention to tech/apple-related news as i thought i was... :eek:

Piarco

macrumors 68030
Jun 24, 2004
Londinium
Chundles said:
Eh? It's December 22nd. So what?

You had me panicing for a second then Chundles... I thought I'd forgotten my own birthday!
So this means I've just hit 30 in Australia.... how depressing!

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
Piarco75 said:
You had me panicing for a second then Chundles... I thought I'd forgotten my own birthday!
So this means I've just hit 30 in Australia.... how depressing!

Ha!! :D

My Dad has flown over the date line coming back from the states a couple of times and in doing so has missed:

- His birthday
- New Year's
- Christmas

On three separate occasions. It's pretty freaky losing an entire day. It's even better go to the states, you get in about 2 hours before you left Sydney.

Happy Birthday mate, the big 30 eh? I'm 23 and I can remember my Dad turning 30...

Piarco

macrumors 68030
Jun 24, 2004
Londinium
Now thats got to be surreal - loosing a stock day is one thing, but something like your birthday or Xmas? Weird!
I'm heading to Sydney in April for my cousin's wedding (its just a hunch, but as neither her or her fiance are Australian, I guess they're emigrating - too more Pomms for ya!) so I guess I'll be loosing a day on the way there.

Cheers on the birthday wishes - have to say I have the "Oh, god, oh god, I'm turning 30 tomorrow..... thats like........ old" thing going on. Doesn't help that I'm one of a few still living the good life from a big group of Uni mates, and even the most disreputable of them has settled down, got hitched and has a kid on the way..... booo......

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
Piarco75 said:
Now thats got to be surreal - loosing a stock day is one thing, but something like your birthday or Xmas? Weird!
I'm heading to Sydney in April for my cousin's wedding (its just a hunch, but as neither her or her fiance are Australian, I guess they're emigrating - too more Pomms for ya!) so I guess I'll be loosing a day on the way there.

Cheers on the birthday wishes - have to say I have the "Oh, god, oh god, I'm turning 30 tomorrow..... thats like........ old" thing going on. Doesn't help that I'm one of a few still living the good life from a big group of Uni mates, and even the most disreputable of them has settled down, got hitched and has a kid on the way..... booo......

More Poms? Geeze, don't know where we're going to put them, Bondi Beach is full I think.

Booooo to growing up, boooo....

Ah well, I'd rather grow up than grow old.

Have a good birthday and enjoy your cool english christmas. Gonna be 40 degrees on Saturday, in the city... that means a good 42+ out west, poor buggers.

camomac

macrumors 6502a
Jan 26, 2005
Left Coast
why does stuff like this get posted to the front page of MR when nobody even talks about the original post?

c'mon if you're going to gab about unrelated stuff, atleast don't put it on the front page.

BTW thanks joecool85 for the links. the doom thing has been posted previously, but i'm sure others will now find it.

sidewindergx

macrumors newbie
Jan 3, 2006
blah. well, i didnt know what i was doing. i dont have ipodlinux installed, and i used cygwin to code a ~90 MB video onto my nano. how do i remove it lol? the avi is called r32gtr.avi. :confused: id rather not mess with this, as it IS over my head...i dont know unix yet, and rather wouldnt mess something like this up.

someone please help. thanks!

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
sidewindergx said:
blah. well, i didnt know what i was doing. i dont have ipodlinux installed, and i used cygwin to code a ~90 MB video onto my nano.
Okay, you may want to explain what you did in a little more detail. Cygwin doesn't do anything, it just stands there looking blankly at you until you tell it what to do. What programs and commands did you use?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.