iPod Nano Disk With iPod Touch : ITunes

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Canon Rock, Sep 27, 2009.

1. Canon Rock macrumors member

I was wondering if I download ITunes (Disk Version) from my 1G Nano, will it affect my iPod Touch 3G (I'm getting one in a few days) or other new iPods? I can't seem to download the software from Apple (The language keeps on choosing Korean and I cant change it for some reason, I've tried).

Once I download the ITunes from the disk, I'll update it to the new I think iTunes 9? Will that be okay? Like will there be weird functions etc happening to my iPod and the iTunes.

Thanks guys

Sorry for the topic title if it's missleading...

EDIT: Oh and when I'm installing this it asks me for my serial number on my 1G Nano so I'm curious if the program wont work properly if I use other iPods?

2. wywern209 macrumors 65832

wywern209

the version of itunes that came with the 1G nano won't even see or sync with the new touch let alone any ipod touch. U NEED TO UPGRADE!

3. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

Yes, you will be able to update it to iTunes 9 and when you update it, iTunes will sync with the new iPod Touch.

4. danielRay macrumors newbie

they are compatible so no worries

5. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

If you have the latest iPod Touch, you need iTunes 9 -- earlier versions don't recognize the new Touch -- so you'll need to update anyway. Why bother installing an older version, since you'll have to download and install the new version anyway?

Just download directly from Apple. http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/