Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hcho3

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 13, 2010
First, let me say I am not trying to offend anyone who bought red nano. I am really not. I actually want to buy red nano myself. My question is about how will people think about new nano color. Do you guys think iPod nano in red is not good for boys? Or am I just overreacting? I like the color, but I also think it could be little girl's color? I dunno. Please don't take this as any offensive post. Please just share your opinions. Thanks.

hcho3

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 13, 2010
If you like red, buy it. If you don't like red, don't buy it.

There's nothing more to the question than that.

Damn! Nice...

I was just trying to decide between red and green. But, yea. I think I am going for red. Thank you all.

Ann P

macrumors 68020
Jun 29, 2009
California
They did the last time I checked. Or are we only discussing the new ones? Oops. :rolleyes:

new-ipod-nano.jpg

NathanA

macrumors 6502a
Feb 9, 2008
Red is an awesome color. Plus, part of the purchase proceeds for the red model go to a good cause...

-- Nathan

iEvolution

macrumors 65816
Jul 11, 2008
Outside of the 3rd generation model of Red I wouldn't consider the red color girly at all. The 3rd gen/2nd color batch of 2G shuffles were more of a maroon color and even then I wouldn't call it girly.

chrono1081

macrumors G3
Jan 26, 2008
Isla Nublar
The red looks really nice. I have the green myself and I just bought my sister the pink one for an early Christmas present (since she obliterated her Nano).

P0IS0N

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2010
I got mine in red, and I don't even like the color. I guess the fact that it's a special edition tops it.

mr.datsun

macrumors member
Feb 18, 2010
First, let me say I am not trying to offend anyone who bought red nano. I am really not. I actually want to buy red nano myself. My question is about how will people think about new nano color. Do you guys think iPod nano in red is not good for boys? Or am I just overreacting? I like the color, but I also think it could be little girl's color? I dunno. Please don't take this as any offensive post. Please just share your opinions. Thanks.

So, you like red. Buy it and be yourself.

For what it's worth the world's most famous English football team wear red. Are you saying that they're all a bit girly? Hmmm.

And another totally philosophical thought – is there anything wrong with girls, anyway?

someguy

macrumors 68020
Dec 4, 2005
Still here.
I'll say the same thing I said in this thread.

What is so bad about girly?

If you like it, buy it. Owning something others consider girly doesn't make you a girl (or gay, if that's what you're worried about).

Besides, what's more manly than not caring about what other people think?

Googlyhead

macrumors 6502
Apr 19, 2010
Red and black is a classic pairing. Some would say 'evil', 'aggressive', 'fire and brimstone'.
It's not powder pink and the screen border is black...

Alvesang

macrumors regular
Sep 4, 2010
Germany
Red is my favorite iPod color, I got every nano in red since 3rd generation without ever feeling girly about it (if there is such a thing). Stay true to yourself, get what you like.

R94N

macrumors 68020
May 30, 2010
UK
No way. I love red. I wouldn't really care anyway even if it was considered a 'girly' colour. I like blue more though :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.