Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

venomgt95

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 8, 2014
Michigan
i have a 3rd gen iPod nano and it has a slight issue. sometimes while im listening to it, it will randomly shut off, but when i press the center button, it resumes play as if nothing happened. the battery is fine, holds and charges like it should. it doesn't happen often, but sometimes it does it and it frustrates me. it happened 3 times this morning. help? :confused::confused::confused:

venomgt95

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 8, 2014
Michigan
There is no way im restoring it. Not till i get all my music off it on my own computer at least.

irishtike

macrumors member
Mar 9, 2011
have you done a reset of it? press and hold the middle and menu buttons till you see the apple logo. i did it to a friends ipod and that cleared any issues up.

venomgt95

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 8, 2014
Michigan
have you done a reset of it? press and hold the middle and menu buttons till you see the apple logo. i did it to a friends ipod and that cleared any issues up.

I do that all the time (cuz sometimes it will get laggy-the song will change but the info on the screen will take like 2-3 seconds to catch up to the song-and it fixes the issue. Like i said, it doesnt happen often, but it does happen.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.