Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yanki01

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 28, 2009
I use my 1st gen iPod nano in my car and hardly ever take it out, only when i get new music and want to sync it. Well after downloading iTunes 10.5 it's not recognize in iTunes anymore? I don't get the "!" or anything when connected. It just doesn't show? I opened disk utility and it doesn't show there. i've tried all the troubleshooting apple suggested via their website as well as the 5 r's. i also just removed and re-installed iTunes 10.5 and still nothing? It wont show on my Mac mini or MacBook Pro? I've switched USB cables and USB jacks to no avail? It powers on and the screen brightens up when i plug it in but doesn't show that its charging with the lighting bolt. However when i plug it into my iPhone 4 wall charger it charges??? any help here? i don't mind losing my music because it's all on my iTunes.

latest firmware on iPod
Mac OS X 10.6.8 on both Mac's
iTunes 10.5 on both Mac's

thanks for any help!

yanki01

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 28, 2009
ill try my work computer to see if its recognized and my GF's MBP which is still on the previous iTunes version. i have a feeling its iTunes 10.5?

yanki01

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 28, 2009
tried my GF MBP running Lion and still nothing. :(

yanki01

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 28, 2009
well not completely. it charges and plays, just wont get recognize by any computer. i forgot to try it on my work PC, only tried it on 3 Macs. this little thing is MINT! :(

rip little buddy..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.