iPod Nano Screen not Straight

Discussion in 'iPod' started by zap2, Jan 22, 2008.

1. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

So I bought my 3rd Gen iPod nano when it first came out in Sept last year...and its screen wasn't straight, but I forced myself to live it out. Finally I set it in, assume they'd give me a new one(or fix it)

They didn't....any ideas on how to get them to fix this product, which I know they've fixed for others....I'm going down to my local Apple store sometime this week to complain

2. neovo macrumors newbie

This issues really bother me. Hasn't Apple solved this yet? I wonder why such premium product could have screen alignment problem in large number.

I think they will fix for you, but not change the ipod with the new one.

Anyone here can report how is the latest condition of iPod nano screen? Do they still have this issue?

3. macenforcer macrumors 65816

macenforcer

4. desenso macrumors 6502a

desenso

Admit it.. you've been waiting for the pink nano to come out all along and you're just now raising a fuss so that you can exchange your current one for a rosier version.

5. Rapmastac1 macrumors 65816

Rapmastac1

I just got a black eight gig (they are on sale) from Target and it is working just fine, the screen is straight.

6. bigbadnewill macrumors 6502

My screen is wonky, but was a very early model. My father-in-law just got the 4gb silver one and his screen is perfect.

I only use mine for running though, so it annoys me a little bit, but not particularly. I think i might take it to the apple shop one day to try get it fixed though.

7. davidjearly macrumors 68020

davidjearly

It's simple. It is within warranty. Return it to the place of purchase and refuse to leave until it is repaired or replaced.

Providing there is no evidence of the iPod being dropped (which they could argue caused the screen to become misaligned), they have no right to refuse you service for this.

David

8. marykay9507 macrumors 6502a

marykay9507

absolutely bring it to your local store-- they should replace it with a service part (ie: the same model of your ipod)-- you won't get a different color, so if that is what you want, you are kind of out of luck-- they shouldn't give you any type of issue since this seems to be a known defect

9. zap2 thread starter macrumors 604

zap2

nope...in fact I love my product red one...if anything I'd go for a silver one(to match my Classic and shuffle)....but not pick :)

I'm going to go down to my local Apple store....but I've been busy, hopefully they'll help me their