iPod iPod Nano Update!! (Storage/Colors/Prices)

minimalistic

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 5, 2006
118
0
Santiago, Chile
Nano will now come in colors and in aluminum. Colors are Green, Silver, Black, Blue and Pink.

24 hr Battery Life.

8GB is $249 in all colors
4GB is $199 in all colors but black
2GB is $149 in silver only

All models are 52% smaller in volume than previous nano. new charger, new armband, new lanyard
 

mrgreen4242

macrumors 601
Feb 10, 2004
4,352
1
I'm not sure that a nano with half the volume of the current one would even be usable, now that I am thinking about it. Seriously... the nano is extremely tiny.

Ah, the update just said that the BOX is 52% smaller, not the nano. What a wierd announcement to make... who cares about the size of the box except retailers?
 

mrgreen4242

macrumors 601
Feb 10, 2004
4,352
1
freebooter said:
24 hour battery life alone is reason enough to upgrade.
Meh. I get 12+ depending on how I use it, which gets me through 2 to 3 days. I usually want to update songs before the battery dies.
 

Bibulous

macrumors 6502a
Jan 19, 2005
716
0
This is a nice update for the nano, 24 hour battery is outstanding, just wish the price would have dropped.
 

chosenwolf

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2006
507
0
Los Angeles
I guess it's time to put my 4GB nano up for sale! Does anyone know approximately when they plan on releasing the new line of iPod nano's?
 

kinesin

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2006
119
0
wickedG35 said:
I guess it's time to put my 4GB nano up for sale! Does anyone know approximately when they plan on releasing the new line of iPod nano's?
About 1hour ago! ;) The new Nano's are available to buy at the UK store already :D

I suggest a 24hr ebay auction now!!
 

wildmac

macrumors 65816
Jun 13, 2003
1,167
1
MattDell said:
Dammit, Steve! I want red! :mad:



I'm the first to complain! :)
What is with all those chick colors anyway?... why can't they come out with a cool gunmetal blue or deep red or something?...
 

BurtonCCC

macrumors 65816
May 2, 2005
1,005
0
Wheaton/Normal, IL
wildmac said:
What is with all those chick colors anyway?... why can't they come out with a cool gunmetal blue or deep red or something?...
Because those "chick colors" you speak of actually have taste and are stylish.

Daniel.
 

Xeem

macrumors 6502a
Feb 2, 2005
905
9
Minnesota
BurtonCCC said:
Because those "chick colors" you speak of actually have taste and are stylish.

Daniel.
That's kind off an odd statement. Are you suggesting that his idea for a gunmetal blue or deep red nano is not tasteful or stylish? My old ruby iMac would be offended...
 

Chundles

macrumors G4
Jul 4, 2005
11,983
364
Scarlet Fever said:
the new charger is compatible with all iPod models, isn't it?
Yep, it's just a USB port on a 110V/240V auto-sensing power adapter. It'll work for all current iPods back to the 4G and all over the world with a simple plug adapter.

The 3G was the last iPod that required Firewire to charge. Everything since then can charge through USB.
 

BurtonCCC

macrumors 65816
May 2, 2005
1,005
0
Wheaton/Normal, IL
Xeem said:
That's kind off an odd statement. Are you suggesting that his idea for a gunmetal blue or deep red nano is not tasteful or stylish? My old ruby iMac would be offended...
An actual old iMac color would be awesome. Buy yes, anything with the word "gunmetal" involved in it doesn't comply with Apple style.

I would have loved to see the new nanos in the old iMac line of colors. You can tell your ruby iMac to cool its jets, because I admire its color. :)

Daniel.