Ipod Nano - USB Problem

Discussion in 'iPod' started by stockcerts, Apr 28, 2008.

1. stockcerts macrumors 65816

I just bought my daughter a new Nano for her birthday and sadly her Windows machine (eventually I'll get her a Mac) is not recognizing the USB device. Any thoughts on how to rectify this? Thanks!

2. cyclingplatypus macrumors 6502a

cyclingplatypus

I have this problem occasionally with my nano, I find that switching the hold switch from on to off and then holding the center and menu button at the same time (a soft reset) fixes it, I'm hoping that a software update isn't too far off.

3. zainjetha macrumors 6502a

theres another thread in this part of the forum which i just replied to 2 mins ago (iPod and iTunes Discussion - The computer cant find the IPod). My friend also had this problem. It sounds like iPod nanos are not very sterdy - definitely wont be buying one.

4. cyclingplatypus macrumors 6502a

cyclingplatypus

You are hilarious, working on your post count? You just posted this on this thread...which is it do you recommend buying one or not?

You tell the OP in that thread to "go for it.." but this person you say you are staying away...:confused:

TO THE OP OF THIS THREAD:
    Did the soft reset work for you? If it still continues after that I'd suggest contacting Apple and seeing what they say, also check out official Apple support boards.

Attached Files:

5. zainjetha macrumors 6502a

since you ask Cycling Platipus, i shall explain to you.. i DID hold iPod Nano in very high esteem, thats why i told the guy to GO FOR IT, but when i replied to this post, my colleague in the office next to me was having problems with his Nano which provoked me to give a negative review. In the post the friend whom i refer to is my colleague. So soon, within a matter of minutes my entire opinion of Nano had changed as I also read on this forum other issues of USB NANO PROBLEMS..

Hope everything is clear...