Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chemaster

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 18, 2009
I purchased a nano (video) last week and as soon as I got home my 7 year old said why didn't you get the touch so I can play games and watch movies in the car? ;(

Anyway, I love the video camera on my nano and am disappointed that the touch didn't have one thus the reason I purchased it. However, there are other features of the touch that I like so I am thinking of upgrading and only have a few days left. Please answer the following questions for the touch 3g.

1) Are there wireless bluetooth headphones that can be purchased for the touch and if so what is the quality and the range?
2) Does the screen allow one to easily watch movies and play games in a lighted area such as a car?
3) Are the games really good or just an distraction while waiting for something?
4) Can the wireless be easily connected to my current N network (with key) and with public wireless access points for the internet
5) Is the speed bump worth getting the $299 model?
6) Do YouTube videos download and play fairly fast on a N network?

Has anyone else purchased the nano (video) and traded it in for the touch?

btw, I will miss my video camera and will hate Apple for this for a long time. However, there are other features that may ease the pain.

Thanks,

johnmadden78

macrumors member
Dec 19, 2008
Dublin, Ireland
I purchased a nano (video) last week and as soon as I got home my 7 year old said why didn't you get the touch so I can play games and watch movies in the car? ;(

Anyway, I love the video camera on my nano and am disappointed that the touch didn't have one thus the reason I purchased it. However, there are other features of the touch that I like so I am thinking of upgrading and only have a few days left. Please answer the following questions for the touch 3g.

1) Are there wireless bluetooth headphones that can be purchased for the touch and if so what is the quality and the range?
2) Does the screen allow one to easily watch movies and play games in a lighted area such as a car?
3) Are the games really good or just an distraction while waiting for something?
4) Can the wireless be easily connected to my current N network (with key) and with public wireless access points for the internet
5) Is the speed bump worth getting the $299 model?
6) Do YouTube videos download and play fairly fast on a N network?

Has anyone else purchased the nano (video) and traded it in for the touch?

btw, I will miss my video camera and will hate Apple for this for a long time. However, there are other features that may ease the pain.

Thanks,

I'm basing this on an iPhone 3G, but I can answer 5 out of 6 questions with some accuracy.

1) Bluetooth headphones are (I think) available. Quality and range depends, I think, on the headphones themselves (especially quality).
2) It's not great in direct sunlight, but indoors in daylight (so I would assume in most cars), it's fine. No problems with the screen.
3) Gaming is another area where your mileage may vary. I have Monkey Island and Madden 10 on mine, and they're as good as you'll get on any handheld console. But I've also played games on it that are nothing more than a very brief distraction.
4) I've had no problems connecting to wireless networks. Actually, Some public, pay-per-use networks can be a little tricky, but connecting to my home network was easy.
5) Can't help you with this one, sorry...
6) YouTube works fine, just as fast as on my MacBook Pro. A godsend for calming down a 10 month old with a Cookie Monster obsession, incidentally... :D

Hope that helps. Sorry you may have to get rid of your nano - they do look very cool.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.