Ipod nano volume

Discussion in 'iPod' started by TorontoSS, Mar 19, 2010.

1. TorontoSS macrumors 6502

Hi Guys,

I just got a new nano 5g today to replace my 3g. I have a Touch as well. I noticed that my 5g nano volume does not go as high as my 3g. To make sure i wasn't losing my mind I tested my Touch with the same earphones, song and volume level and there was quite a bit difference. i checked the "Volume Limit" bar and put it higher but very little difference took place.

Do you know if the 5g nano is just more quiet? Is there a way to remedy this?

Thanks guys.

2. TorontoSS thread starter macrumors 6502

3. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Are you in the US, Europe, or some where else?

4. TorontoSS thread starter macrumors 6502

5. quadgirl macrumors regular

Well, I just got a UK Nano 5g and am hugely disappointed by this ridiculous cap to the extent that if I don't get a solution I will have to send it back and never get another iPod again.

Please, are there any fixes to this.

6. androiphone macrumors 65816

yeah there were some EU laws passed to limit the volume, basically you should get some decent noice isolating earphones and leave the volume at a lower limit, cause having a the voulume cranked up does over time damage your hearing.

cause say if you go to a loud concert and someone shouts in your ear so you can hear them it has the same effect on the ear as someone shouting in your ear in a silent room (and your ear was expecting it)

all in all it is a good thing the limit

7. simonpink macrumors newbie

I need to find a solution to this. it's driving me nuts.
    same as the op, had a 3g nano just got a 5g and it's quiet.

they're my god damn ears and if I want to listen to my music louder than what some bureaucrat in the European Union thinks is safe I should be able to do so!