Ipod Nano - what to do?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by mikefly, Jul 17, 2007.

1. mikefly macrumors regular

Heya..

recently decided to upgrade my 4gb nano to something bigger -- but want to keep the portability.

Can sell it on craigslist for $150 CAD, and buy an 8GB for $200 CAD (both used)

However, we're expecting out new ipods (and nanos?) on Aug 7 -- seems to me this is a conundrum! -- Don't give a rat's ass about touch screen or wifi or whatever, but a 16GB nano would be sweeet.

Planning to travel for upwards of 6 months, and the bigger the music collection, the better.

Any words of advice?

Stick with 4GB
    Switch to 8GB
    Sell the 4GB prior to Aug 7 and live without music for a week or two
    Do nothing

Either way, the most this could possibly affect me is $50 or so -- maybe I need to analyze a little less!

Mike

2. feelthefire macrumors 6502a

there won't be new iPods until after the back to school promotion is over, or very nearly over. They've run it the past two years and the new ipods always came out in the last week of the promo. That would make the release the second week in september, not august 7. It wouldn't make sense for them to release a new iPod when you can only get the old ones for free from the apple store, they'd have to keep two separate inventories.

don't hope for anything before sept. 1.