Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bryantm3

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 15, 2003
why? they were a fad because they came in so many colours. young girls and women were all over them. you had to have one, cos the pink 'is so cute!'. the fact that these only come in black and white, added with the fact that the shape isn't as appealing, leads me to believe that this won't be as successful. thoughts?

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
Colour nanos within 18 months. What are the odds?

Besides, I never liked the pink Minis and neither did anyone else I know.

chucknorris

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2005
Moscow, ID (No Kremlin here!)
mad jew said:
Girls could potentially have more fun with a nano...

Or is it too small?

Yikes, Mad Jew! I don't think Apple's even played that angle...

But, I really think that the Nano will be a smashing success. The whole superficial girls flocking towards the Mini is completely overblown, and hopelessly stereotypical.

chief_wiggum_PI

macrumors newbie
Feb 3, 2005
bryantm3 said:
why? they were a fad because they came in so many colours. young girls and women were all over them. you had to have one, cos the pink 'is so cute!'. the fact that these only come in black and white, added with the fact that the shape isn't as appealing, leads me to believe that this won't be as successful. thoughts?

Why not? It's everything the stupid shuffle should have been.

Phobophobia

macrumors 6502
Dec 1, 2003
bryantm3 said:
...added with the fact that the shape isn't as appealing...

I can see it now.

*A group of teenage girls walks into an Apple Store*
Girl 1: omg look! its teh new ipod
Girl 2: lolz
Girl 1: i know what an unappealing shape lol
Girl 3: omg totally lol
All: lol
*they leave*

chucknorris

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2005
Moscow, ID (No Kremlin here!)
Might I ask, what the h*ll is with this explosion of repeat threads since the release of the Nano?

There are at LEAST two other threads on this exact topic. Not to mention the dozens of Nano threads...

Really insane.

Duff-Man

Contributor
Dec 26, 2002
Albuquerque, NM
Duff-Man says.....Apple are going to sell *so* many of these iPod Nano things.....the size of it more than makes up for any lack of colour choice. Sure, there might be those few oddballs that won't buy it because they want it in "flower power" or "blue dalmation" but those people will be an extreme minority......oh yeah!

G5Unit

macrumors 68020
Apr 3, 2005
I'm calling the cops
Phobophobia said:
I can see it now.

*A group of teenage girls walks into an Apple Store*
Girl 1: omg look! its teh new ipod
Girl 2: lolz
Girl 1: i know what an unappealing shape lol
Girl 3: omg totally lol
All: lol
*they leave*

Ha!

girl1: OMG! look! a dell! it's so ugly!
girl2: Yeh seriously.
girl1: I perfer the imac g5 because of it's intricate design and color.
girl3: Sandwhiches!

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
May 2, 2005
mad jew said:
Girls could potentially have more fun with a nano...

Or is it too small?

:p :p

I want a nano! Those minis are too big!

Don't even get me started on how huge those NORMAL iPods are! Blech!

I would have much more fun with a nano than a normal iPod.. but I guess I'll have to get used to it. :(

so, who wants to buy me a nano??

buryyourbrideau

macrumors 65816
Mar 1, 2005
Chicago
im afraid that if i buy a nano, it may fall into my bag of sun chips while i am watching rome and i might eat it subconsciously. not a very safe iPod choice.

mcarnes

macrumors 68000
Mar 14, 2004
USA! USA!
You sound like one of the people who said the original mini would be a flop. There were a lot of people like that. I remember the backlash from the original mini, and so far the nano has been very well received in comparison.

I hope you don't sell things for a living.

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
G5Unit, posting the same thing in two different threads is considered SPAM as far as I know, unless one of the thread is closed and your original post is relevant to the second thread which remains open. Of course, I'm not a moderator so take what I say with a grain of salt - pretty good chance I'm wrong. :D

buryyourbrideau

macrumors 65816
Mar 1, 2005
Chicago
mad jew said:
Posting the same thing in two different threads is considered SPAM as far as I know, unless one of the thread is closed and your original post is relevant to the second thread which remains open. Of course, I'm not a moderator so take what I say with a grain of salt - pretty good chance I'm wrong. :D

pretty good chance he does not care since you are not a "mod".

poo

dotdotdot

macrumors 68020
Jan 23, 2005
Besides, doesn't anyone realize that if they get a white nano with the pack of "Nano Tubes" then the nano becomes a color iPod, like the mini?

jamdr

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2003
Bay Area
I hope Apple does come out with more nano colors. At least Black, White, Pink, Blue, and Green. Black is the new silver ;)

I'd really like a green nano, though...

JDOG_

macrumors 6502a
Nov 19, 2003
Oakland
Maybe, but every girl I know whose seen my nano thus far is all over it and immediately wants one.

Girls just like expensive shiny stuff, so I think Apple will be fine :)

briangig

macrumors regular
May 16, 2005
Hell no...I think this thing is going to go like crazy. Ipods have been the trendy this for a while, and now a sleeker sexier one comes out? No-brainer to me. I think this will become a new fashion trend more than anything...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.