iPod Nano - with Radio??

Discussion in 'iPod' started by sososowhat, Sep 10, 2007.

1. sososowhat macrumors 6502

I just picked up an 8Gig Black Nano. Curiously, in Settings/Main Menu/Music, there's an option for "Radio". Anyone know what this is? Selecting it doesn't seem to actually change anything in the main menu.

Attached Files:

2. teleromeo macrumors 65816

teleromeo

Apple sells a FM radio for iPod. It looks like the shuffle and acts like a radio and as e remote control. It connects to the dock connector. I have one and I like it.

3. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

I also saw the radio option of my 5.5G iPod, and I wondered what that was for.

4. teleromeo macrumors 65816

teleromeo

You both need the radio remote to get this option wotking. I have one working with my iPod 5.5G. From what I see on this page it also works with the new iPods.

[​IMG]

5. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Basically its a another artificial piece of software lock out on the ipod, similar to the ical touch debacle going on in another thread.

The radio is fully installed software wise on all recent ipods, but it is basically locked unless you utilise the remote control (sold seperatly) - which then acts like a dongle and unlocks the software feature on your ipod.

Basically a nice clever way for apple to make another €50/$50 out of you.

6. emptyCup macrumors 65816

emptyCup

The software may be there but the physical receiver is not.

7. grockk macrumors 6502

grockk

yeah, the radio hardware is in the remote.

It's like a printer on mac. The drivers are there on X but you have to have hook up the printer before you can print.