iPod nano??

Discussion in 'iPod' started by PradaPrincess00, Apr 20, 2008.

1. PradaPrincess00 macrumors newbie

My 1st generation white ipod just broke and I need to buy one but the problem is the the buyer's guide says that its better not to buy an ipod nano now since it is possible that apple will release a new model in september/october. Do you think that apple WILL release a new ipod nano since they only released the pink ipod nano last febuary??

2. iDAG macrumors 65816

iDAG

Apple has released a new iPod nano in September for the last three years in a row. I think they will do it again. :cool:

3. tangledweb16 macrumors regular

tangledweb16

Despite the fact that a new nano will be released this September, the current nano is, honestly, a wonderful iPod. I think it's probably the best iPod ever made, second only to the iPhone.

Of course, that's if capacity isn't a problem for you.

4. mosx macrumors 65816

In the past, Apple has done things like capacity updates and such "mid-cycle".

There will most certainly be a new iPods this Fall. Whether they go so far as to completely update it or just revise it (higher capacity, different colors) is anyones guess.

But if you're worried about spending a lot on an iPod now and a new one coming out in a few months, just get a refurbished nano. Apple has the refurbished 4GB (silver only) iPod nano for $129 on the Apple store site and it comes with a $15 iTunes card. When the new iPods get released, sell that one for $80 or so and go buy a new iPod.

5. SactoGuy18 macrumors 68020

SactoGuy18

The biggest disappointment with the 3G nano is the storage capacity: only 8 GB maximum. Apple should have offered a 16 GB 3G nano, which would be a hot seller because you could load a lot more of your music collection into your player.