iPod no longer opens on iPhone 3G

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by sgtpepperlove, Jun 20, 2011.

1. sgtpepperlove macrumors newbie

Help! I have an jailbroken iPhone 3G that otherwise has been working fine except today I went to open the iPod app and all it did was look like it was loading for a few seconds and then return to the home page. Last time I synced my iPhone it sort of froze so I'm guessing it has something do with that but i really don't know what I've done! Is there any way to fix this? i've been told I can't update or reset the phone as it will lock so is there any other way?

Thanks.

Melissa

2. TW95 macrumors member

Problems

Connect to your computer, back up your device then click the 'Restore' button. You will have to Jailbreak again if you want but my guess is that the Jailbreak has affected it.

3. sgtpepperlove thread starter macrumors newbie

I'd do that but I'm worried I won't know what I'm doing and make it worse...might have to try it if there's no other way though.

Thanks.

4. TW95 macrumors member

iPod Problem

Ok, for now just try rebooting your iPhone. Turn it off, wait about 30 seconds, then turn it back on.

5. TW95 macrumors member

I just had the same problem actually :S Although I am on iOS 5 Beta. I am doing the reboot but it seems strange that it just happened to me as well!

[UPDATE] The reboot worked for me

6. sgtpepperlove thread starter macrumors newbie

I was told by the person who jailbroke my phone for me, never to turn it off as it will lock? Is that not true?

and that is strange!

7. TW95 macrumors member

Problems

I have heard of those issues but not sure if they are common or not. TBH if you don't want to turn it off then you may have to reboot, if you want you can back up first, then try to reboot, if it gets stuck then you can restore.

I'm not going to force you to do anything but in my opinion I would back up, restore and if you want to, re-jailbreak.

8. Epic Orange macrumors member

Epic Orange

I would have to assume that you are on a tethered jailbreak, if the person who jailbreak your iPhone never told you to turn it off. In that case, it would be wise to backup, then restore to an official apple firmware [before you do this, check what iOS version you have in settings > about, then download it from the internet if you do not have it, and load that on. If you follow those instructions (not forcing), then I would tell you what program to use to jailbreak.

9. TW95 macrumors member

That's essentially what I just said?

10. Epic Orange macrumors member

Epic Orange

I wanted to give my opinion on it. The first part was my opinion. The rest was what you essentially said. LOL :)

11. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

OP, are you also unlocked as well? If so, you'll have to use a custom firmware. Mac has pwnage and windows has snowbreeze.