iPod not detected

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Jazzamc, Dec 8, 2011.

1. Jazzamc, Dec 8, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2011

Jazzamc macrumors newbie

Hi

My iPod Touch 64GB, upgraded to iOS 5 that I got in October has a few faults and stuff, so i'm going to send it in to get a replacement. The thing is, it's Jailbroken =/ So I have been trying to restore it, but the thing is, my computer doesn't detect it. I can boot it with redsn0w, but that's all. iTunes doesn't see it nor does Windows. I have tried reseting my iPod in settings, but it is now stuck in a spinning loop, like the one where you respring it. I haven't got extended warranty so I want to get it done as soon as I can.

The original problem with my iPod was that the camera shutter would open some times, but not others, But when trying to switch to the front camera it crashed the app. Also, when we called Apple care and they asked for the serial number, they said it was bought in June, but we faxed the receipt of and they sorted that out. Could this mean it was returned to the shop and meant to be fixed?

Thanks,
    Jazza

BUMP

My iPod got out of that, iTunes can for some reason now detect it, but the problem is, It won't restore it.
    I download the iOS 5 firmware via my browser because it took forever in iTunes. And It has worked before, so it's not that. When I shift click restore and find the firmware, after a few minutes up pops...
    the iPod "iPod" could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (3194).

But I have clicked on help and then check for updates, but it says it was up to date. I then un installed iTunes and then re-installed it again but the same error still occurs.

2. mohammadkm95 macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

While you have the ipod connected to the computer and have itunes open, hold the power and sleep button till a window pops up on itunes saying it found an ipod in recovery mode

Or the other way i think is have ipod all the way of(hold sleep and slide to lock) and hold sleep after its off than right before apple logo pops up hold the plwer than release the sleep all while plugged into computer while itunes openn

3. Jazzamc thread starter macrumors newbie

4. Thetonyk123 macrumors 68000

Thetonyk123

5. GeniusJon macrumors regular

DFU mode fixes EVERYTHING. (Well, most things... :D)

6. Jazzamc thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi,
    If my iPods in DFU mode when I tried to install the new firmware, but the download keeps timing out, is the old firmware still on it? Thus being able to detect the JB?

Thanks,
    Jazza

7. Thetonyk123 macrumors 68000

Thetonyk123

You could try to kick it out of dfu mode by 1.Hold the home and power button down simultaneously

[​IMG]

3. Release the home and power buttons when the apple logo appears

[​IMG]from (http://modmyi.com/forums/general-iphone-chat/264911-easy-way-exit-dfu-mode.html)

8. Jazzamc thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok, I really need to restore the firmware or do something to hide the JB.
    My Internet is so slow the file times out. So, is there any fast way to hide it or remove it, also, I was stupid enough to accidentally delete the stock firmware file. And I also removed Cydia -.- tutorials are not very helpful if they don't tell you to remove the apps and stuff before you remove it, anyway, I REALLY NEED HELP ASAP!
    Maybe I can SSH into my device and remove the apps?

Thanks, Jazza

9. BlackTofu macrumors member