Ipod not recognized

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by cowboy fan, Mar 22, 2009.

1. cowboy fan macrumors newbie

I just Jailbroke(I think) my 2g IPT with QuickFreedom, all was well until my ipod was finished restoring then I tried to restore it but the Ipod could not be found by Itunes or even my computer(XP). So I unplugged it and plugged it back in and my computer says USB Device not Recognized and that it has malfunctioned. I tried to re jailbreak it but I can't because it says the ipod is not connected.

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    This is a perfect example of why no one should attempt a jailbreak on the ipt2g unless it is released by the dev team. These other solutions often don't work properly.

I would suggest to put the ipt2g into DFU mode and then doing a restore to 2.2.1 in iTunes, and sit tight until a dev team solution is released.

3. cowboy fan thread starter macrumors newbie

when ever I try to put it back into DFU mode It doesn't do anything, the same USB message comes up.

4. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

Have you tried to do it on another computer, or using a mac?

5. cowboy fan thread starter macrumors newbie

I'll try that

6. cowboy fan thread starter macrumors newbie

I restarted my comp (twice) and tried it a few more times and now I tunes recognizes it. Should I restore with the Jailbreak or should I put it back in 2.2.1 and start over?

Edit: OK Ipod has restored to factory settings.

What should I use to jailbreak it??

7. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

Restore it to factory settings, and sit tight for the time being. Keep checking everyday here (the official jailbreak site), this is the first place where they will release the new quickpwn/pwnage tool the supports the ipt2g. But until then I wouldn't trust any other jailbreaking software.