iPod not working on iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by WilliamBuck, Nov 24, 2010.

1. WilliamBuck, Nov 24, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2010

WilliamBuck macrumors newbie

This has me completely flumoxed! I have the latest iTunes, latest firmware etc ... but I have never been able to get the iPod app to work on my 6 week-old iPhone 4.
    Here's what happens. I go into the iPod app, touch the song I want to play, the window shifts to the 'play' screen but then swiftly returns to the previous screen as if I had pressed the back button.
    What is really weird is that sound files stored under the iTunes U folder work fine.
    I have rebooted, updated etc ... I am getting a persistent error code 13019 when syncing but everything seems to sync OK so I have been ignoring it (it has errored since first use). These 2 things are probably related but how to fix. I have 1gb of spare memory on the iPhone.

Any ideas gratefully received. Thx

2. Stein357 macrumors 6502

Have you upgraded to 4.2.1 and are still getting the same error? I'd take it back to Apple and exchange it.

3. WilliamBuck thread starter macrumors newbie

sorted

thanks for the advice. I called O2 and a replacement was delivered today that I switched over. New one works fine - no error message and the iPod works perfectly.
    Thanks for giving me the nudge to stop wasting my time searching for a solution in the belief that nothing Mac can ever go wrong!