iPhone iPod Now Playing Interface: Too much going on

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by Andrew K., Nov 18, 2012.

1. Andrew K., Nov 18, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2012

Andrew K. macrumors 65816

iOS 6 is a little more fine tuned. I like the improvements in the UI browsing through your music, but the Now Playing screen just seems so cluttered and an afterthought.

Due to the iPhone 5's longer screen they just permanently kept the time tracker on the screen, which to me makes it look cluttered and I insticintively tried to hide it like you do on a 4s. And on the lock screen it looks even worse.

I know the Album art is square and they have to work with that but that leads to another question. Do we need the square album art anymore? What do you all think?

Attached Files:

2. zbarvian macrumors 68010

I like having it their all the time, but I agree there's too much UI. Square album art seems to be tripping everybody up on this 16:9 display, and all the music apps I have displace the album art from the center. It looks weird.

I want the album art but I would like less UI in the music app.

3. Andrew K. thread starter macrumors 65816

Yes, even on the lock screen they didn't seem quite sure what to do with it. Hopefully Ive has something up his sleeve for this :D

Attached Files:

4. zbarvian macrumors 68010

That's probably what bothers me the most, lol

5. rorschach macrumors 68020

rorschach

I agree but how much time do you really spend on the "Now Playing" screen? For me, when I'm in the Music app I'm mostly browsing. Once I pick a song or an album to play I leave the app. I change the volume with the physical buttons (headphones or on the phone); I go back and forth between tracks either in the multitasking bar or with the headphone button.

6. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

How can you change songs with the headphone buttons? I can only change volume

7. mrgraff macrumors 6502a

mrgraff

rorschach is referring to the buttons found on the headphones themselves.

8. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

If you ever used a Zune player, you'd be surprised at just how amazing a media player's now playing screen could be.

9. bushido Suspended

bushido

oh dear such a waste of space, they could tweak it a little. add weather or SOMETHING

10. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

Yeah that's what I'm asking. On the headphones are buttons for pause/play, volume up and volume down. How do you change track using those buttons? That's what it sounds like he was saying he could do..

11. Hustler macrumors 6502

Hustler

Double tap the pause button to skip up and triple press it to skip down.

12. mrgraff macrumors 6502a

mrgraff

Double-tap and hold to scan forward, triple-tap and hold to scan backward. Press and hold to activate Siri or Voiceover. The volume-up also triggers the camera.

13. Andrew K. thread starter macrumors 65816

That's all I'm askin for!;)