iPod on plane

Discussion in 'iPod' started by eleanorrigbyy, Dec 6, 2007.

1. eleanorrigbyy macrumors newbie

I have an iPod 2nd Gen Nano and I took it on a plane a little while ago. It just wouldn't play. It actually froze after shuffling through the 4th song. I got off the plane and it was unfrozen and worked fine. I'm going on a plane again and want to take it. Is there anything I can buy or anything I can do to get it to work?

2. anirban macrumors 6502a

anirban

Personally, I don't believe that iPods would freeze while inside the plane. The cabin is pressurized, and there should not be any problem for the iPod. I think that there was probably something else wrong with it at that time.

After it froze, did you do a hard reset on your iPod? Did it work at all while it was in the plane (after the freeze)? How much battery power did it have? Were you playing some really long, or differently encoded song?

3. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

That sounds very odd, mine was fine when i flew to new york and san francisco, sounds like a freak freezing to be honest, restore it i guess

4. eleanorrigbyy thread starter macrumors newbie

The iPod was fully charged. It was frozen the whole plane ride from CT to Washington. It's never frozen or acted up on me before so I figured it was just the plane.