iPod Opinion

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by cujoca, Sep 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cujoca macrumors regular

Realitically, How long do you think it will take for Apple to incorporate a
    30+GB flash based drive in the iPod Touch. I'm soooo tempted to buy it right now but it just doesn't make sense for me until they increase the size to atleast 30GB

Thanks in advance!

2. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

My guess is 32GB next year...then 64GB in 2009...

3. Stetwin macrumors 6502

Stetwin

I would say for Christmas 2008, but just out of quriosity why do you need to wait until they offer a 30GB+ version?

4. cujoca thread starter macrumors regular

because it seems like kind of a waste for me if i can't even fit half of my music library on there let alone my videos...

when next year would you think?...because i need to buy something by april next year because my 20gb iPod is really acting up.

and i'm going on a long bus trip so it would be great to have something like the touch to take along with me...

5. Stetwin macrumors 6502

Stetwin

But do you listen to all of the music you have in your library? I only have about 22GBs worth of music but I don’t even listen to 1GBs worth on a daily basis. But I guess it depends on your needs, if you do need 30GBs of music every day then the iPod Classic might be for you?

iPods seem to update in September or around the back to school period so I wouldn’t expect to see much of a change by next April, maybe apple will drop the 8GB version and re-price the 16GB one but that would be about it,

I can see where your coming from here but in another thread one of the posters said about re-sizing the video so you can get something silly like 24 hours of video play on 10GB without a noticeable difference in quality and since the iPod Touch only supports up to 4.5 hours of video play back then your not going to be watching all the video you have synced anyway

/Ste

6. Teh Don Ditty macrumors G4

Teh Don Ditty

cujoca, please use the edit button to add more to your previous post(s). Also, please don't bump your own thread.

7. cujoca thread starter macrumors regular

now that i've been thinking...i still do have a relatively decent 20GB iPod, so maybe i could just get the touch for mostly video and internet use and some music...i guess i could carry both around with me if need be.

im thinking if i do decide to get it, to test drive it first from best buy and if i don't feel i need it, then return it with in the 14 days that are alloted.

8. Stetwin macrumors 6502

Stetwin

They allow that with things like iPods in the US? Because most UK retailers wont let you return them unless there faulty

9. cujoca thread starter macrumors regular

US or in Canada...How are they supposed to know...you just tell them you weren't satisfied with the product and best buy has a statement say that if you are unhappy with any product they sell, return it with in 14 days for a full refund...sweet eh?

10. Stetwin macrumors 6502

Stetwin

That’s awesome, I would say get one and test drive it, see if it meets your needs and if you can cope with the 16GB’s it has to offer, personally I think it will make you streamline your music collection and upload your more favoured songs/play lists which will mean less time skipping to find a song you want and more time just enjoying the music :)

Let us know how things go and also what you think of the iPod Touch because I have to wait until the 9th of October for mine and its killing me :(

11. cujoca thread starter macrumors regular

12. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

Yes, but there is a caveat:???

Usually they charge a 10% restocking fee because they don't want people buying and returning over and over again. The only store I know of without a restocking fee on electronics is Costco.

13. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.