iPod out of Warranty...

Discussion in 'iPod' started by aznguy2772, Sep 22, 2008.

1. aznguy2772 macrumors member

Will an iPod not under warranty at least be seen by a Apple Store Genius still? Or will they not even take one glance at my iPod without Apple Care?

To my recollection, I thought that AppleCare mainly took care of payments for repairs. I just have a troubleshoot question that I haven't been able to solve myself.

2. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

I'm pretty sure they will still look at it.
    Back at the end of '07 I came to the Genius bar with my 5.5G iPod because I had some questions and they guy didn't ask for my serial number or receipt.
    I think that if you don't have Apple Care or it isn't under warranty but you need something fixed or need to replace it you most likely will have to pay them something like $70; this all depends on the model.

With iPod touches and iPhones they are very lenient and will often replace it for minor things but may be major when it comes to your overall experience.

3. elmateo487 macrumors 6502a

I would assume that if you just go in there and as an Apple Customer, ask them your trouble shooting question, they would help. If they will kindly move everything from your PC to your new Mac, then i would assume they would help you trouble shoot their product.

Although, if it is hardware related, they always first put in the serial code. Then talk about what they can do to replace it.

4. VanNess macrumors 6502a

VanNess

You should be fine, this is one of the main reasons why they are there. Just make an appointment. You'll only get charged if you hand it over to them for repair (out of warranty, no Applecare).