Ipod partitioning, Duel O/S's

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by mekopolis, Jun 30, 2008.

1. mekopolis macrumors regular

wouldn't it be cool to have two O/S's on the ipod, in a partitioned environment much like you could do on a PC. you could boot either your original/legal one...or the jailbroken one

i dunno, just an idea...dont even know if it exists or not...but I am sure it will come at some point

2. Osarkon macrumors 68020

Osarkon

It's been done for years, with iPod Linux. Though I don't know if it's available beyond the 5th generation of iPods.

3. jpseyf04 macrumors newbie

4. pete44444444 macrumors member

I was thinking about the same thing. There is an os called damn small linux that would run perfectly on the ipod touch. The only problem is how to install it. Mabe we could install it via the installer. But idont really know.

5. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

well, the actual code to support the arm processor would need to be built in, as well as the drivers for the wifi, and touch screen
    it would be its own linux, and it would have to rebuild the iPod from the ground up, and totaly wipe the memory