iPod payment help

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Bjerre, Sep 26, 2007.

1. Bjerre macrumors member

Okay, so, I ordered my iPod touch on 9/13, they took the money out of my debit card and put it back in (to confirm that I have the money I guess?). So anyways, it shipped yesterday and is in transit to Alaska. Here's the catch, the money is still in my account. There's $450 in there now and it cost something like $422. Should my money be gone now or what? Do they take it out when it delivers? I'm sorry if this is a stupid question.

2. RiverFox macrumors member

RiverFox

What do you mean, that the money was taken out and then returned? (I'm a little stumped there...), if anything a phantom $1 charge should have been the norm.

It is normal to be charged right at the time of shipping, IMHO.

3. Bjerre thread starter macrumors member

Yeah, it's weird, they took out the money, put it back in. Then shipped my ipod and its en route with my money still in the bank.

4. bogman12 macrumors regular

Don't say anything.. if they screw up, then it's their loss..

5. Bjerre thread starter macrumors member

Well, see, I dont want them to one day take out $422. Or should I not worry about or call them? When do they take the money, when it's shipped or when it's ordered?

6. REDACTED macrumors newbie

The thing with taking the money out and putting it back in is normal. They don't really take the money out, it's some sort of "pre-authorization" thing, indeed, to verify you've got the money. When I ordered my wife one of the new fat Nanos, they didn't actually debit the account until the day it arrived, not the day it shipped. (I, meanwhile, having ordered my Touch on 9/5, am STILL "not yet shipped"!)

7. Bjerre thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the info, you should really call Apple and talk to them about that. 9/5 is way too late to not have shipped yet.

8. REDACTED macrumors newbie

Yeah, just called Apple again. And once again, they have no useful information to offer, not even one of these wild discounts I've heard about for jerking customers around like this. Apple CS reps are SO useless.

9. thegrue macrumors member

THey do that, I don't know why. Make sure you keep enough in there to pay for the iPod, I can tell you that much… sometimes it takes 'em a while. I think it was almost 3 weeks before I got charged for my 12" PowerBook a few years ago, but normally it's 2-5 days.

10. Bjerre thread starter macrumors member

So what happens if they deliver it and i dont have the money, just wondering?

11. xerikx macrumors regular

they charge you anyways, your account goes negative, and you get hit with an overdraft fee

12. zea mays macrumors 6502

zea mays

Did you ask to talk to a supervisor? The Apple rep I talked to first LAUGHED at me. He told me they must have 'sold out' before they got to my order that I placed on 9/5 at 1201pm PDT. The supervisor was vey apologetic for both the behavior of the rep and the 'delay' (really, more of the fact that they were in stores, but because I had chose engraving and my order had changed to 'prepared to ship' I couldn't cancel and buy one in a store). The first rep actually asked me what I wanted him to do and if I wanted to cancel and I said, "Can you really cancel my order?" and he said, "No." Once I got to the supervisor my experience was excellent.